Interpreting LawSchoolPredictor

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hypothalamus

Interpreting LawSchoolPredictor

Postby hypothalamus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

I think I saw a discussion of this somewhere, but I can seem to find it...

When LSP says "Consider," does this mean said school is a reach? When it says "Strong consider," does this mean you have a good realistic shot? Is "weak consider" worth a shot?

LSP is speaking to me in riddles, so someone, please, interpret :).

brosef stalin

Re: Interpreting LawSchoolPredictor

Postby brosef stalin » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:36 pm

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=9

Q: What does the “DECISION” field mean?
A:
DECISION Key
ADMIT: You’re an auto-admit and will likely be admitted, unless the school is practicing yield protection, or you clearly didn’t take the application seriously. This corresponds roughly to a greater than 75% chance of being admitted.
STRONG CONSIDER: You have a good to great chance of being admitted. This corresponds roughly to a 63% to 75% chance of being admitted.
CONSIDER: You have a decent chance of being admitted; you may be waitlisted, or possibly rejected. This corresponds roughly to a 38% to 62% chance of being admitted.
WEAK CONSIDER: You have a poor to moderate chance of being admitted; there is the distinct possibility you will be waitlisted or rejected. This corresponds roughly to a 25% to 37% chance of being admitted.
DENY: You’re an auto-reject and will likely be rejected without other compelling non-LSAT/GPA characteristics. This corresponds roughly to a less than 25% chance of being admitted.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks, tavarish Stalin! :)

Though I'm still uncertain about which category constitutes "target" here... 50% chance of getting in?

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:27 pm

hypothalamus wrote:Thanks, tavarish Stalin! :)

Though I'm still uncertain about which category constitutes "target" here... 50% chance of getting in?

Considers/strong considers are targets basically.

Weak consider/reject are reaches

Admits are safeties.

It's not really done by %

The % listed isn't your chance of getting it's the % of people who got in with worse or equivalent numbers to you.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:20 am

Thanks, flyingpanda! I guess there is hope, if only the deny/weak consider are reach :).

(I was referring to the percentages in Stalin's post).

vsl89

Postby vsl89 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:03 am

flyingpanda wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Thanks, tavarish Stalin! :)

It's not really done by %

The % listed isn't your chance of getting it's the % of people who got in with worse or equivalent numbers to you.

In that percentage, do they remove URMs? Or are URMs still part of the equation and thus making your odds seem more favorable than they actually are?

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:09 pm

I think URMs still count, but YOUR chance is calculated with your non-URM status in mind (unless you checked the URM box, of course).

thedude221

Postby thedude221 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:47 pm

How accurate do you think it is? Because with ED to Chicago I was shown to be a strong consider which I would love to be true but Im still a little skeptical.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:51 pm

thedude221 wrote:How accurate do you think it is? Because with ED to Chicago I was shown to be a strong consider which I would love to be true but Im still a little skeptical.

Same here. When I ED for Columbia I go from weak to consider. I would be enamored with a ~50% at Columbia.

Return to “What are my chances?”