UCLA ED Question - October LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
NYCgator

UCLA ED Question - October LSAT

Postby NYCgator » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:30 pm

I will be taking the October LSAT and I believe (will confirm with UCLA) that UCLA's ED process opens its doors on September 1st. That being said, should I apply on September 1st and submit everything except for my LSAT score (including an explanation that I will have my LSAT score by late Oct/early Nov) or should I wait to submit until I have my results.

For reference purposes, I am currently in a TestMasters class and have not taken any diagnostics as of yet. I have a 3.92 undergrad GPA from a T50 college (equates to a 3.90 LSAC GPA), 4 years of finance/investment banking experience, and I was born in South America.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

jtemp320

Re: UCLA ED Question - October LSAT

Postby jtemp320 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 pm

I don't have an answer for you but I like this thread as I am considering EDing to UCLA but taking the October LSAT as well and am wondering the same thing - hopefully someone can help us :D

casper13

Postby casper13 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:06 pm

dont submit till you get your results from OCT. They accept ED till Nov 15th. And with your GPA is you can score decent you wont need ED and can actually get some cash.

Xnegd

Postby Xnegd » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:14 pm

I can't take the Oct LSAT, is there any chance at all I could get waitlisted on an ED with my stats?

3.52 / 162. Lots of WE & Volunteer Experience, and my grad degree is from Europe so I'll have diversity.

I'm thinking not, but I will have an addendum with pictures that shows I had a flesh eating virus on test day, and scored way below what I thought.

Unfortunately, I can't retake due to being in Dublin with no test center, and it being during midterms in Oct and Feb so I can't fly to London. I know one gal said she got in with a 163, but when I pmed her I never got a response.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Xnegd wrote:I can't take the Oct LSAT, is there any chance at all I could get waitlisted on an ED with my stats?

3.52 / 162. Lots of WE & Volunteer Experience, and my grad degree is from Europe so I'll have diversity.

I'm thinking not, but I will have an addendum with pictures that shows I had a flesh eating virus on test day, and scored way below what I thought.

Unfortunately, I can't retake due to being in Dublin with no test center, and it being during midterms in Oct and Feb so I can't fly to London. I know one gal said she got in with a 163, but when I pmed her I never got a response.

No chance unless you hit 168+.

NYCgator

Postby NYCgator » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:38 am

bump

sanetruth

Postby sanetruth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:43 am

The decision whether to submit your app before your score depends on the overall strength of the application. For example, OP can submit before getting his LSAT score because his GPA is above median. However, if your GPA is below median, and you're hoping to ED as a splitter, submitting your app without the sweetspot can be damaging.

casper13

Postby casper13 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:40 am

sanetruth wrote:The decision whether to submit your app before your score depends on the overall strength of the application. For example, OP can submit before getting his LSAT score because his GPA is above median. However, if your GPA is below median, and you're hoping to ED as a splitter, submitting your app without the sweetspot can be damaging.

but if OP submits blindly and say for instance scores a 170, then OP may give up some good scholarship money because no need to entice OP because they ED'd

Return to “What are my chances?”