--

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
fmc

--

Postby fmc » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:14 am

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! here's my story:

graduating from a pretty big respected state school, history major, 3.68 gpa (just over 4.0 in my last 1.5 years). practice lsat score was 157 and i know with the test prep i'm doing and my own motivation i can get to 165+ (shooting for 170 - i'm dedicated!) my soft stuff is pretty lame though, all i really have is this:
- part time job at a bakery for 4 years where i'm lead staff trainer
- two alternative break trips (these are topic-specific 10 day college-organized service learning trips)
- teaching assistant twice (one for "advocacy in politics" the other "women's history")
... yup ... no internship or anything law related too exciting to spruce this up.

what do you think my chances are for getting into a top 25? top 15? or am i aiming way to high to start with? sorry i'm just a little insecure/unsure.

okay thanks! i'm gonna guess most answers will center around my lsat score being crucial?
Last edited by fmc on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lawquacious

Re: 3.7 / no official lsat score DO ME

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:16 am

Take the LSAT and then get back to us.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:17 am

fmc wrote:any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! here's my story:

graduating from a pretty big respected state school, history major, 3.7 gpa (just over 4.0 in my last 1.5 years). practice lsat score was 157 and i know with the test prep i'm doing and my own motivation i can get to 165+ (shooting for 170 - i'm dedicated!) my soft stuff is pretty lame though, all i really have is this:
- two alternative break trips (these are topic-specific 10 day college-organized service learning trips)
- teaching assistant twice (one for "advocacy in politics" the other "women's history")
... yup ... no internship or anything law related too exciting to spruce this up.

what do you think my chances are for getting into a top 25? top 15? or am i aiming way to high to start with? sorry i'm just a little insecure/unsure.

okay thanks! i'm gonna guess most answers will center around my lsat score being crucial?

yeah

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:18 am

fmc wrote:any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! here's my story:

graduating from a pretty big respected state school, history major, 3.7 gpa (just over 4.0 in my last 1.5 years). practice lsat score was 157 and i know with the test prep i'm doing and my own motivation i can get to 165+ (shooting for 170 - i'm dedicated!) my soft stuff is pretty lame though, all i really have is this:

Doing this will make you crazy. Trust me I did it. Don't worry about your chances yet, it will just put more pressure on you come LSAT time.

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:27 am

Yeah. No LSAT = no meaningful advice we can give you.
If you're really that anxious you can go into LSP and put in your GPA + different LSAT scores, then watch the colors of the rainbow change............

ZachOda

Postby ZachOda » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Have to agree with the above posters. I tried this route when I had my p-LSAT scores, but it really turns into a game of "what if?" You never know what's going to happen on test day, so don't psyche yourself out already. Focus on the LSAT, that's the most important thing you can do right now.

But to give you a small hand, I have a very similar GPA, and with a 166 LSAT it's a maybe from UVA down to about Texas (meaning just about no money) and the rest of the way looks pretty nice. Shoot for higher though, one more point would've made a huge difference, imagine what a 170 will get you

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:13 pm

ZachOda wrote:Have to agree with the above posters. I tried this route when I had my p-LSAT scores, but it really turns into a game of "what if?" You never know what's going to happen on test day, so don't psyche yourself out already. Focus on the LSAT, that's the most important thing you can do right now.

But to give you a small hand, I have a very similar GPA, and with a 166 LSAT it's a maybe from UVA down to about Texas (meaning just about no money) and the rest of the way looks pretty nice. Shoot for higher though, one more point would've made a huge difference, imagine what a 170 will get you

166 is no go at UVA without 4.0. 3.7 needs 170.

ZachOda

Postby ZachOda » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Meh, LSN and LSP give me a faint glimmer of hope...
Emphasis on "faint" though

Return to “What are my chances?”