Realistic chances for Non-Trad splitter (2.6/164) west coast

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
fragged

Realistic chances for Non-Trad splitter (2.6/164) west coast

Postby fragged » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Okay, I have posted here before, so apologies for some redundancy.

I am trying to narrow down my application list, because honestly I just need to be realistic about where I can actually get in. I want to stay in California, Oregon or Washington, but would move if I got in to a good school. The problem is that law school numbers sites don't factor in that I graduated 13 years ago. I don't know, nor do I know if anyone else knows how much those 13 years mitigate my low GPA. I don't care if I get in to a full-time program or a part-time program.

My application (in a nut shell):

LSAC GPA: 2.67
LSAT: 164 (Also have a 151, but have a decent addendum about it)
Softs: Master's Degree, 13 years professional experience in computer systems engineering and management

My application list:

USD
UCI
Loyola
Southwestern
Pepperdine
UC Davis
Santa Clara
Chapman
Univ. of Oregon
Lewis & Clark
Univ. of Washington
Seattle U.
Gonzaga
ASU

Your (constructive) opinion would be most appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

CanadianWolf

Re: Realistic chances for Non-Trad splitter (2.6/164) west coast

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:47 pm

You simply need to apply to every law school that interests you & has a median LSAT score in the mid-160s or lower. My point is that your GPA is less important than your LSAT &, probably, your work experience due to the 13 year timeframe. You should apply to all 14 schools on your list if it is not a financial burden to do so.

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:51 pm

fragged wrote:Okay, I have posted here before, so apologies for some redundancy.

Softs: Master's Degree, 13 years professional experience in computer systems engineering and management

My application list:

USD- WL/In
UCI- ?
Loyola- WL
Southwestern- In
Pepperdine- WL
UC Davis- Ding
Santa Clara- WL/In
Chapman- In
Univ. of Oregon- In
Lewis & Clark- WL/In
Univ. of Washington- Ding
Seattle U.- WL/In
Gonzaga- In
ASU- WL/In

Thanks everyone!

My responses are based on my own experience. I had nearly identical numbers and I had 7 years WE. I have no clue about Irvine, though. I didn't apply to USD, SW or Chapman but I can only imagine they will jump on your LSAT.

I'm pretty sure the 164 would turn WL into acceptances at Seattle, L&C and ASU.

ALSO, request fee waivers. I e-mailed tons of schools and received a lot of fee waivers!

fragged

Postby fragged » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Any chance applying to the Part-Time programs at schools who have them would change any of the WL's to In's?

NoJob

Postby NoJob » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:38 am

fragged wrote:Okay, I have posted here before, so apologies for some redundancy.

I am trying to narrow down my application list, because honestly I just need to be realistic about where I can actually get in. I want to stay in California, Oregon or Washington, but would move if I got in to a good school. The problem is that law school numbers sites don't factor in that I graduated 13 years ago. I don't know, nor do I know if anyone else knows how much those 13 years mitigate my low GPA. I don't care if I get in to a full-time program or a part-time program.

My application (in a nut shell):

My application list:

USD
UCI
Loyola
Southwestern
Pepperdine
UC Davis
Santa Clara
Chapman
Univ. of Oregon
Lewis & Clark
Univ. of Washington
Seattle U.
Gonzaga
ASU

Thanks everyone!

Don't waste your time. You have to do amazingly well in any of these schools to have a chance at a job. My advice is to go do something else with your life.

nickbentley

Postby nickbentley » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm

NoJob wrote:
Don't waste your time. You have to do amazingly well in any of these schools to have a chance at a job. My advice is to go do something else with your life.

What a waste of bandwidth...

fragged

Postby fragged » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:18 pm

NoJob wrote:

Hey man, thanks for the advice. I almost went to law school, but thanks to you I think I'll just go get a job as a legal assistant, and troll the TLS forums flaming other posters.

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:02 pm

fragged wrote:
NoJob wrote:

Hey man, thanks for the advice. I almost went to law school, but thanks to you I think I'll just go get a job as a legal assistant, and troll the TLS forums flaming other posters.

+1

Return to “What are my chances?”