2.6/177...DC or NYC?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
justhockey31

2.6/177...DC or NYC?

Postby justhockey31 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:45 pm

Any chances at ED georgetown? What about RD at GW, American, Fordham, Brooklyn? Thanks.

MrKappus

Re: 2.6/177...DC or NYC?

Postby MrKappus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Whoa. That's a unique set of numbers. They're almost, how to say it, split. As in you have one really good one, but one that's less than stellar. Like you're a person that splits the law school's two metrics for applicants (LSAT and GPA). One who splits. A...splitter? That sounds right. That kind of cycle sounds really unpredictable though. Maybe there's another thread on such applicants' chances? Good luck!

DorianGray89

Postby DorianGray89 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:59 pm

I think you should ED to Georgetown, most probably will get in. If not, you will def. get into AU, Fordham and Brooklyn.

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Jefferson

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:04 pm

Blanket the T14. ED to UVA, NU, or GULC, if you want.

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:07 pm

I appreciate all of info...i realize my numbers are quite odd and I plan on discussing this in my applications. I have been checking lsn but there are not a lot of other users with these scores the research has been tough. I asked this question in a different forum but I will ask it again here...should I get my applications in early with these numbers or wait till mid-December and add my fall quarter grades? Which option would be more beneficial, early app or slightly better numbers? Thanks again guys.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:12 pm

justhockey31 wrote:I appreciate all of info...i realize my numbers are quite odd and I plan on discussing this in my applications. I have been checking lsn but there are not a lot of other users with these scores the research has been tough. I asked this question in a different forum but I will ask it again here...should I get my applications in early with these numbers or wait till mid-December and add my fall quarter grades? Which option would be more beneficial, early app or slightly better numbers? Thanks again guys.

I'd apply early and update. The potential cost of holding back your app until mid-cycle just doesn't outweigh the potential benefit of waiting for your first semester grades. IMO.

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:21 pm

MrKappus wrote:
justhockey31 wrote:I appreciate all of info...i realize my numbers are quite odd and I plan on discussing this in my applications. I have been checking lsn but there are not a lot of other users with these scores the research has been tough. I asked this question in a different forum but I will ask it again here...should I get my applications in early with these numbers or wait till mid-December and add my fall quarter grades? Which option would be more beneficial, early app or slightly better numbers? Thanks again guys.

I'd apply early and update. The potential cost of holding back your app until mid-cycle just doesn't outweigh the potential benefit of waiting for your first semester grades. IMO.

I think that will be my plan as it was the way I have been leaning lately...i just was not sure, by the way love the image MrKappus hahah

Oban

Postby Oban » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Strategy:

ED UVA as soon as the app opens. You'll get a response in 15 days, if you are Dinged then:

ED GULC(I asume you don't want Northwestern based on DC/NYC preferences, but if you have work experience ED there)

Also apply to Penn, Cornell. Other T14s love GPA/arent in your markets.
Apply to Fordham, AU(most likely YP) GWU

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Oban wrote:Strategy:

ED UVA as soon as the app opens. You'll get a response in 15 days, if you are Dinged then:

ED GULC(I asume you don't want Northwestern based on DC/NYC preferences, but if you have work experience ED there)

Also apply to Penn, Cornell. Other T14s love GPA/arent in your markets.
Apply to Fordham, AU(most likely YP) GWU

I really like this strategy and it has led me to doing some more research on UVA which I had overlooked. However, I was wondering about "YP" which i think means "yield protection" right? Now, would a school practicing YP be more likely to waitlist and wait to see if the applicant expresses interest in attending or will they be more likely to flat out reject to help their admission %?

Return to “What are my chances?”