Are hourumd and lawschoolcalculator just completely useless?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thedude221

Are hourumd and lawschoolcalculator just completely useless?

Postby thedude221 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:42 am

169 LSAT, 3.96 GPA, non urm, 28% chance at Harvard? Really? I mean if someone on here wants to tell me I have about a one in three chance of getting into harvard that would be great but that seems like high balling to me.

Knock

Re: Are hourumd and lawschoolcalculator just completely useless?

Postby Knock » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:46 am

thedude221 wrote:169 LSAT, 3.96 GPA, non urm, 28% chance at Harvard? Really? I mean if someone on here wants to tell me I have about a one in three chance of getting into harvard that would be great but that seems like high balling to me.

That strikes me as high as well, but I think LSP has proven to be pretty accurate. So i'm confused. Maybe it's overvaluing your GPA? I'm not sure, it very well may be correct.

EDIT: Do some research on lawschoolnumbers.com

thedude221

Postby thedude221 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:52 am

That strikes me as high as well, but I think LSP has proven to be pretty accurate. So i'm confused. Maybe it's overvaluing your GPA? I'm not sure, it very well may be correct.

people in my range-about 6 waitlisted 1 accepted and 1 rejected. Frankly I'm getting frustrated with all of these predictor type websites and law school numbers because either the sample size is too small, the datas not recent enough, or just because the numbers are too good to be true or at least seem that way. Hell, maybe I do have a 1 in 3 chance of getting into harvard, that would be sweet but it would put me ed'ing to chicago into question.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:58 am

thedude221 wrote:

people in my range-about 6 waitlisted 1 accepted and 1 rejected. Frankly I'm getting frustrated with all of these predictor type websites and law school numbers because either the sample size is too small, the datas not recent enough, or just because the numbers are too good to be true or at least seem that way. Hell, maybe I do have a 1 in 3 chance of getting into harvard, that would be sweet but it would put me ed'ing to chicago into question.

There isn't a question. ED to Chicago. You don't have enough of a shot at HYSC to forsake that ED to Chicago. If you don't ED to Chicago, you're probably out. Consider ED'ing NYU as well. Although it has similar acceptances numbers to U. Chi, NYU has a much larger class, so you have better chances I think.

Sh@keNb@ke

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:32 am

ED to Columbia. I think that's truly your best bet.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:45 am

I've concluded that one of the predictors (don't remember if it was LSP or the other major one) is completely useless. I try my chances with different numbers and it often gives me worse odds with higher numbers....

Return to “What are my chances?”