173/3.6 Chicago ED

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

173/3.6 Chicago ED

Postby absolutazn87 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:43 pm

What do you guys think my chances are at Chicago if I ED?

I have multiple LSATs but Chicago explicitly says they only take the highest.

I'm a graduate at a top private school majoring in mechanical engineering. Graduated in 2009, 1 year of work experience in engineering consulting. Have some softs - political campaign experience, honor societies, voter registration, etc.

Re: 173/3.6 Chicago ED

Postby KibblesAndVick » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:02 pm

There are two important questions you need to answer. First, is Chicago your first choice. Second, are you comfortable paying sticker.

If you search LSN for applicants with 3.5-3.7 GPAs and 171-175 LSATS you can see that your chances are pretty good without the ED. Probably somewhere around 50/50 if you count the waitlists and pendings as rejects. I think if you ED you will be good to go. Which brings it back to the questions. You should get NYU and you have a shot at Columbia. If you aren't set on Chicago I think you should apply broadly and see what happens. You should also be in great shape for scholarship money somewhere in the T14 so if you're debt adverse I wouldn't ED either. But if Chicago is your top choice and you have no qualms about paying sticker then you should be able to lock it up with an ED.

Return to “What are my chances?”