Retake Success Stories

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rklafehn

Bronze

Retake Success Stories

Postby rklafehn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Some schools claim to average scores, others claim not to, and other are very ambiguous in their wording regarding their policy concerning multiple LSAT scores.

I am starting this thread because I would like to hear of some instances where a person retook a score and subsequently scored higher, allowing that person to either attend a law school that he/she could not have gotten into with their first score or allowing that person to obtain scholarship money from a specific school because of their second LSAT score.

Thanks.

Note: I am personally curious because I currently have a 168 / 3.92 and am thinking about retaking the LSAT. I would like to attend UPenn and receive some scholarship money or allow myself to possibly attend NYU / Columbia.

ConMan345

Silver

Re: Retake Success Stories

Postby ConMan345 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I took the test twice, scoring a 167 the first time and 171 the second. I felt robbed after the first score, so it was an easy decision to retake. 167/168 scores are below that all-important 170 hump, so if you think you can do better, go for it.

Edit: also, I think it's extremely unlikely that I would have gotten into Harvard with a 167.

Return to “What are my chances??