160/3.47 - For UF/Miami/FSU - Retake or keep it?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Intraining

160/3.47 - For UF/Miami/FSU - Retake or keep it?

Postby Intraining » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:13 pm

I've taken the LSAT twice, and never came close to reaching my potential (Taken every available prep test and averaged high 160's). Bombed both administrations for a 156 the first time and 160 the second. On the right day, I could definitely see myself peaking out.

That being said, I'm looking at UF/Miami/FSU/ with a few safety schools and reaches also in the group. UF is easily my top choice.

As for softs, I've been involved with two Gubernatorial campaigns, worked with patients in a childrens hospital, played collegiate football, was the president of a couple student organizations, and (I doubt this matters) coached a little league football team. I've also got letters of recommendation from my coach, and two professors which i know very well.

I'm wondering if I should retake once more in October to bolster my numbers, or would I be better served finishing my last semester and getting a head start on my apps? Just want to be in Gainesville next fall.

Barbie

Re: 160/3.47 - For UF/Miami/FSU - Retake or keep it?

Postby Barbie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Intraining wrote:I've taken the LSAT twice, and never came close to reaching my potential (Taken every available prep test and averaged high 160's). Bombed both administrations for a 156 the first time and 160 the second. On the right day, I could definitely see myself peaking out.

That being said, I'm looking at UF/Miami/FSU/ with a few safety schools and reaches also in the group. UF is easily my top choice.

As for softs, I've been involved with two Gubernatorial campaigns, worked with patients in a childrens hospital, played collegiate football, was the president of a couple student organizations, and (I doubt this matters) coached a little league football team. I've also got letters of recommendation from my coach, and two professors which i know very well.

I'm wondering if I should retake once more in October to bolster my numbers, or would I be better served finishing my last semester and getting a head start on my apps? Just want to be in Gainesville next fall.

I'm in the same situation. I have a 3.3/163 and I go to USF in Tampa right now. I want to go to UF also. It seems that both of us need to re-take, except that I peaked at 163, and you KNOW you can do better. re-take. your numbers now are WL at best. (I'm in the WL zone too, but with 164 + its solid!) Unless you are a URM, then you're fine. But according to LSN no one got accepted with those numbers, so if UF is the goall, retake. It seems to me you are pretty solid for FSU and UM, though. Of course LSN isn't everyone, so you never know... but according to stats avail to us and your alleged goal, you know what to do ;) don't worry! Ill be sittin there with ya!

Return to “What are my chances?”