Chances of half/full ride

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
willyj

Chances of half/full ride

Postby willyj » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:36 pm

167 LSAT/ 3.90 UGPA from strong public university with decent to strong softs; no work experience other than summer internships, though, I'm coming straight from UG. Looking at schools in the South, but open to wherever. Money from t14 schools is unlikely, I know, but I think I can definitely pull some from t20-t30, right? What are the chances of half or better from anywhere between UCLA and UGA?

kaydish21

Re: Chances of half/full ride

Postby kaydish21 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:39 pm

I don't know about a lot of those schools, but I think for a full ride you need to look a bit lower. I bet WUSTL gives you a good package, however I think you are more in the 15-25k range at most of the schools in that group. A retake with 2-3 points improvement would drastically change the cycle for you.

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Two friends received 2/3 tuition scholarships to BU with a lower gpa and otherwise identical this past cycle.

pjo

Postby pjo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm not too sure if anyone even in the 20's will offer a full ride except IU-B, at least not right off the get go. Make sure you negotiate though. I think its definitely a possibility if you're willing to negotiate offers with schools, and then re-negotiate. Emory might be a good bet for you. Dominate in ATL and I'm sure you could talk them into giving you some good money.
Last edited by pjo on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:26 pm

willyj wrote:167 LSAT/ 3.90 UGPA from strong public university with decent to strong softs; no work experience other than summer internships, though, I'm coming straight from UG. Looking at schools in the South, but open to wherever. Money from t14 schools is unlikely, I know, but I think I can definitely pull some from t20-t30, right? What are the chances of half or better from anywhere between UCLA and UGA?

UGA? I had a slightly higher LSAT and lower GPA, ended up with tuition equalization plus $15k guaranteed.

Apply from Cornell and down to 30 and you will receive multiple sizable scholarship offers, especially from places that are know for throwing out a lot of money, such as WUSTL and Emory. I got slightly over half-scholarships at Vandy and Texas, too.

Return to “What are my chances?”