Really Have a chance at HS 171 3.87? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hypothalamus

Silver

Re: Really Have a chance at HS 171 3.87?

Post by hypothalamus » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:38 am

Read the TLS interviews with Deans of Admissions of various schools. I read through 10 of them and my impression is that the higher ranked the school is, the less ED will boos your chances (except, maybe, UVA). They do, however, emphasize that you should apply early, at least for logistical reasons, if not for a much better chance.

Mu humble advice is to apply early, but not ED. Columbia is probably the best school you have a good chance at. Applying ED would make sense if you were looking at a more likely HS admission, but you wanted to sort of declare your bigger interest in Columbia. This doesn't mean you can't write a "why Columbia," if you actually feel strongly about going there and want this potential little plus on your app.

Good luck : )

gerghk

New

Post by gerghk » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:52 am

hmm i got in with 171/3.92, but i had 3 years of engineering experience in silicon valley and i have an ms from stanford

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:26 am

I didn't ED anywhere on the slightest possibility that I could get into YHS (with a 167...) I got shut out of the T 14 (with waitlists) Don't do what I did. While your LSAT is better, I suggest EDing to Columbia or NYU and going there. With ED I think you will get into Columbia pretty easily with your numbers.

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:35 pm

I think Stanford could take you with your current set of stats (high GPA). Forget Harvard and Yale though. You should get in CCN too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”