GWU ED Questions

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sundance95

GWU ED Questions

Postby sundance95 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Regarding the GWU ED full ride; is there any data on what the numbers generally required for acceptance are? Do you have to raise one of their medians or both? I've tried kicking around LSN for some of this info but either it is not possible to parse out the ED applicants or I'm too stupid to figure out how.

I ask because I'm getting my Virginia residency and planning on EDing at UVA (3.12/172), but I am now getting butterflies about paying sticker, and since I am planning on staying within the DC area the prospect of no debt may be worth the lower ranking.

berkeleykel06

Re: GWU ED Questions

Postby berkeleykel06 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Your GPA will almost certainly keep you out of the running for GW ED. Since you are an extreme splitter your best bet is to ED at UVA because you aren't likely to see scholarship money in the top 30 that will be high enough to warrant turning down a T14.

malfurion

Postby malfurion » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:23 pm

sundance95 wrote:Regarding the GWU ED full ride; is there any data on what the numbers generally required for acceptance are? Do you have to raise one of their medians or both? I've tried kicking around LSN for some of this info but either it is not possible to parse out the ED applicants or I'm too stupid to figure out how.

If you go to "Search Applicants" you can pick a school and specify ED as the Application Type. But you still need to look at each individual person that comes up because some of them were deferred to RD and then accepted, so presumably they didn't get the full scholarship. But apparently there was someone with a 3.3/172 and someone with a 3.47/171 (almost identical to my numbers) who got accepted ED. I never know whether to believe what I see on LSN but if those are true then this is something I definitely need to seriously consider trying for.

tdl311

Postby tdl311 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:53 am

When I was researching this, and a lot of that was looking on LSN, it seemed for GW ED the averages were 3.8/169. However, I got it with 3.9/168, but I also have a lot of softs which may or may not matter.

Return to “What are my chances?”