169/3.73

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
chrisg_127

169/3.73

Postby chrisg_127 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 am

169 LSAT, 3.73 Mechanical Engineering GPA, Non-URM, Average to above-average softs.

I want to practice in the Midwest (most-likely Chicago or Indianapolis).

Top Choice: Michigan

Second Choices: Notre Dame, Indiana, Illinois, etc.

I plan on re-taking the LSAT in October to try to get into the 170s. If I do, do I have any shot at Chicago or Northwestern? Will it hurt my chances of recieving $$ at places like Indiana if I wait to apply until early November when I get my new LSAT score?

All insight is appreciated!

KMaine

Re: 169/3.73

Postby KMaine » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:07 am

Your #s look good for Michigan now if you write good personal statement/Why Michigan essay. Higher #s may increase your chances at scholarship $. If I were you, I would apply to Indiana ASAP. You may get in early, get some scholarship money that you can use to squeeze a little cash out of higher-ranked schools (possibly).

chopswithafist

Postby chopswithafist » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 am

going to indiana for free if youre sure you want chicago or indy (and i love both of these cities btw) is a terrific, terrific option. obviously michigan as a school is that much better, but paying sticker might not be worth it if your dead set on chitown and indy.

this of course is assuming that you'll get 120k at iu and admitted but no money at michigan. however, i think this is a reasonable assumption....

if willing to pay sticker at michigan, then think about ed as im pretty sure it'd get you in (i think your chance RD is dec. though too)...but a lot of cash from indiana should be very very possible so that might not be a good idea.

best case: you get in to both, iu gives you a truck full of money. you use this to squeeze a couple dimes out of michigan and make it palatable to go there..

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 am

I think you can get into Michigan and Northwestern now. You'll want to bring your numbers up to have a shot at Chicago.

Return to “What are my chances?”