Should I re-take the LSAT... 3rd time???

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
afigueroa7

Should I re-take the LSAT... 3rd time???

Postby afigueroa7 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Hello,

I am seeking advice on my current situation...

The LSAT is my WEAKEST area. I have a 3.4 GPA, experience with several internships/jobs, and involvement in several student and community organizations.

BUT

I took the LSAT for the first time in September 2007 and got a 137; I had taken a course offered throught the university, but the information just didn't sink in. I took it recently in June 2010, and got a 144. I had taken a Princeton Review class, and although it was helpful in some strategies, I don't think it helped me with my specific weaknesses. Now I am contemplating whether I should take it for the 3rd time this upcoming October.

What are your suggestions? Should I go ahead and hibernate during my summer and retake the LSAT? Or will it detriment my chances into getting into a good law school... :?

dukelawguy144

Re: Should I re-take the LSAT... 3rd time???

Postby dukelawguy144 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:58 pm

FLAME

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:59 pm

With a 144 LSAT & a 3.4 GPA, there is little chance of being admitted to a good law school. Retaking the LSAT can only help in your situation by either getting a much higher score or by suggesting that maybe law school is not the best option for you.

PLATONiC

Postby PLATONiC » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 pm

afigueroa7 wrote:Hello,

I am seeking advice on my current situation...

The LSAT is my WEAKEST area. I have a 3.4 GPA, experience with several internships/jobs, and involvement in several student and community organizations.

BUT

I took the LSAT for the first time in September 2007 and got a 137; I had taken a course offered throught the university, but the information just didn't sink in. I took it recently in June 2010, and got a 144. I had taken a Princeton Review class, and although it was helpful in some strategies, I don't think it helped me with my specific weaknesses. Now I am contemplating whether I should take it for the 3rd time this upcoming October.

What are your suggestions? Should I go ahead and hibernate during my summer and retake the LSAT? Or will it detriment my chances into getting into a good law school... :?

Retake.

Return to “What are my chances?”