Should I re-take the LSAT... 3rd time???

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
afigueroa7

New

Should I re-take the LSAT... 3rd time???

Postby afigueroa7 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Hello,

I am seeking advice on my current situation...

The LSAT is my WEAKEST area. I have a 3.4 GPA, experience with several internships/jobs, and involvement in several student and community organizations.

BUT

I took the LSAT for the first time in September 2007 and got a 137; I had taken a course offered throught the university, but the information just didn't sink in. I took it recently in June 2010, and got a 144. I had taken a Princeton Review class, and although it was helpful in some strategies, I don't think it helped me with my specific weaknesses. Now I am contemplating whether I should take it for the 3rd time this upcoming October.

What are your suggestions? Should I go ahead and hibernate during my summer and retake the LSAT? Or will it detriment my chances into getting into a good law school... :?

dukelawguy144

Bronze

Re: Should I re-take the LSAT... 3rd time???

Postby dukelawguy144 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:58 pm

FLAME

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:59 pm

With a 144 LSAT & a 3.4 GPA, there is little chance of being admitted to a good law school. Retaking the LSAT can only help in your situation by either getting a much higher score or by suggesting that maybe law school is not the best option for you.

PLATONiC

Bronze

Postby PLATONiC » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 pm

afigueroa7 wrote:Hello,

I am seeking advice on my current situation...

The LSAT is my WEAKEST area. I have a 3.4 GPA, experience with several internships/jobs, and involvement in several student and community organizations.

BUT

I took the LSAT for the first time in September 2007 and got a 137; I had taken a course offered throught the university, but the information just didn't sink in. I took it recently in June 2010, and got a 144. I had taken a Princeton Review class, and although it was helpful in some strategies, I don't think it helped me with my specific weaknesses. Now I am contemplating whether I should take it for the 3rd time this upcoming October.

What are your suggestions? Should I go ahead and hibernate during my summer and retake the LSAT? Or will it detriment my chances into getting into a good law school... :?

Retake.

Return to “What are my chances??