Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Postby ibdancin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Last edited by ibdancin on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 3.71/171

Postby chopswithafist » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:28 pm

ibdancin wrote:So I have already looked at lawschoolpredictor.com (which seems to be incredibly generous compared to others) as well as LSAC's predictor and lawschoolnumbers.com. LSP seems to think I have a good chance at most of the schools I'm applying to, but the others (esp. those with real people saying if they were accepted, denied, WL) indicate being waitlisted or denied. I probably will not go to a school I am WL'd at. I'm wondering what you guys think are my chances at these schools. I am not a URM, am applying straight from a private smaller UG, and have some good softs, but nothing exceptional. LSDAS GPA= 3.71 (this includes dual-enrollment classes from my high school, which actually hurt my GPA, but thats how it will be calculated, correct?) LSAT=171.

Stanford (huge reach, I know, I'm not sure I'm even going to apply or not) - highly highly highly highly unlikely
UCLA - probably good to go
Michigan - 3.7/170 gives you a pretty good shot here i think..possibly a WL but i'd bet acceptance...def not a straight rejection
Duke - in
Georgetown - in
UVA (I think this is the goal right now, but I'm so used to big cities, I'm not sure how I will adjust to this?) - in
Vanderbilt - look for some cash

Also, does anyone know what the deal with Early Applications are? Not ED, but I read something about how you can apply early to some schools, and find out if you're accepted or not early, without being binding? Does applying this way hurt your chances since they have to make such a quick decision? I know for sure Georgetown and UVA offer this option, but I'm not sure if I should do it or not?
Finally, how does scholarship $ work? Is it mostly need-based, especially considering my scores which are probably pretty standard for these schools?

Thanks in advance. And if there are any places you think I should add/delete please let me know. I'm not sure where I want to practice, but I'm guessing I'll be on the west coast. I don't think the cold is my thing, though I'm willing to try it out for law school. Part of me wants to branch out and see more of the country, despite most likely not practicing there ever.

Postby ibdancin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Last edited by ibdancin on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby deneuve39 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:22 pm

You should really consider Columbia. I had similar numbers (PM me if you want to know exactly), and got in by applying ED. CLS places really well in California (on par with Berkeley) as well if you want to end up on the West Coast.

Return to “What are my chances?”