Schools to Apply to - 3.49/172

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
whitman

Schools to Apply to - 3.49/172

Postby whitman » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm not going to have time to work on applications when in the fall, so I'm going to go ahead and get them prepared now to submit as soon as applications open. I have a 3.49/172 and decent softs. I am from the south and would like to live either in the south or on the west coast. Markets I'm interested in are DC, Seattle, California (not LA), Nashville, NC, maybe Atlanta, Austin. Not interested in working in Chicago or New York. Not looking for Big Law. I am looking to practice environmental law and hopefully make decent money. I don't need to be on a career path to make an absurd income and work absurd hours.

I am asking for input based on people's experiences with scholarship money. I am tempted to apply to only a few schools but am wondering if that would be a mistake based on sacrificed bargaining power for scholarships. I have almost no chance at T6, Berkeley, Penn, or Duke, I gather, and I'm not too interested in those schools anyways (obviously I'd go to the T3, but that goes without saying), to be honest. Should I apply anyways? Also, I guess I'm looking for schools that would best carry me to all the markets I listed. I also want to go to school with smart but chill folks-not anti-social gunners. Intellectually curious folks, not cookie cutter folks. Based on my criteria, here is my list:

1. Michigan
2. Virginia
3. Vanderbilt
4. Georgetown
5. UCLA (is this one a mistake?)
6. Texas
7. UNC
8. University of Washington

Thoughts? This might not be in the right place, but it doesn't fit Choosing a Law School, either, since I haven't been accepted anywhere.

whitman

Re: Schools to Apply to - 3.49/172

Postby whitman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 pm

holy shit....got swamped by a deluge of "Chances" threads, the likes of which I have never seen (this is actually a bump).

Return to “What are my chances?”