3.82/169/Arrest Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
beatrock

New

3.82/169/Arrest

Post by beatrock » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:38 pm

I apologize for doing this to some degree as there are hundreds of other "What are my chances" threads since the June 2010 LSAT scores came out, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knows of someone with a similar situation to mine. My numbers are in the thread title, and I have frequented LSN and LSP, but it's not exactly as if there is a box to check arrest for. This past February I was arrested for a DUI and underage possession of alcohol, and the case is still ongoing but at the latest it will be finished by the end of August. I have since completed a 20 hour risk reduction course, lots of community service, and done everything to keep my license intact until the court date. My lawyer is confident that the DUI charge will be dismissed and I will be able to plead guilty to the underage possession charge. Assuming that is how it turns out, with the DUI charge dismissed and the steps I have taken since then, what are my chances for Chicago, UC Berk, UPenn, UMich, Cornell, GTown, Emory, and BU? Obviously the first three are reaches but who knows. I have read elsewhere (i.e. the cheating on the LSAT vs. DUI thread among other places) that an arrest isn't the end of the world, but as this is fairly close to my cycle I'm curious to how it will affect my chances. Thanks.
Last edited by beatrock on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rman1201

Silver

Re: 3.82/169/Arrest

Post by rman1201 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:39 pm

beatrock

New

Post by beatrock » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks for the link. I had seen one of those threads before but hadn't seen the others (not sure why I didn't continue reading...).

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:58 pm

I had 2 DUIs, public intox, minor in possession. All five years or more before I went to LS, but did not seem to affect my addmsion to LS or the bar. Probably helped that I wrote about getting sober though.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Unless there are additional aggravating factors or a continued pattern of substance abuse, you should be fine for law school & bar admission based on the details provided in your original post above.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”