highest LSAT score: 157, GPA: 3.23, chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
risktaker

Silver

highest LSAT score: 157, GPA: 3.23, chances?

Post by risktaker » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Last edited by risktaker on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

honestabe84

Bronze

Re: highest LSAT score: 157, GPA: 3.23, chances?

Post by honestabe84 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Ok, first things first:

Is it even possible to take the test five times? You would obviously need to get a school to write a letter to LSAC, but the question is how willing a school would be to do that.

Second, judging from LSN, I would say you have around a 40% chance of being admitted at Santa Clara. Take a look for yourself, and also check out lawschoolpredictor.com.

Third, I'm not going to comment on getting a biglaw job in Silicon Valley with a JD from Santa Clara, because I know nothing about the school or the area. My first impulse is to say that it would be very difficult unless you graduate at the top of your class. You have to remember that CA, similar to NY, is filled with outstanding law schools. But again, I can't say what your prospects will be, especially since you want to go into patent law. Hopefully someone who knows a little more about the school than me can comment.

Are you pretty much set on Santa Clara? There are some great schools in some great areas that you might want to check out just as long as you don't mind living somewhere other than CA (perhaps permanently).

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:49 pm

What might those schools be? I have never really considered leaving CA, but if I have to, I can do that.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:51 pm

honestabe84 wrote:Ok, first things first:

Is it even possible to take the test five times? You would obviously need to get a school to write a letter to LSAC, but the question is how willing a school would be to do that.
You can take it as many times as you want, I believe, but can only take it 3 times in a two year period.

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:58 pm

risktaker wrote:What might those schools be? I have never really considered leaving CA, but if I have to, I can do that.
Off the top of my head, I would say IU-INDY, KU, MU, Penn State, SLU, Marquette, Denver, and West VA. Some of those might be a reach for you. These schools are by no means at the top, but they are in markets that they do well in. By this, I mean they're not surrounded by schools that dominate. For example, I would never go to a school like Brooklyn or Depaul, because they have so much competition.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”