Reverse Splitter Hell: 3.77/161

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Veyron

Re: Reverse Splitter Hell: 3.77/161

Postby Veyron » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:32 pm

pjo wrote:veyron, what do you think my chances are at GW? At this point its my top choice. I'm willing to pay sticker, and I'll be applying the first week apps are open FWIW. I'm also throwing apps to W&M, GMU, maybe Richmond now

alicrimson- how did you score? I thought for sure you were going to be in the mid 160's from how it sounded in the "june waiting" thread

Well, you are above one median and under the other so 50/50 (perhaps aided by applying early in the cycle). I know of people getting dinged outright with slightly worse numbers. Not sure if GW is worth it tho if you can get $ somewhere else. The D.C. market is the most competitve legal market on the east coast, perhaps the whole country. You may be better off focusing your energies elsewere.

You could also retake and try for UVA which would (or ITE might) make all your VA/DC dreams come true. I hear that they can be chartable about a bad first LSAT if the second is good.

pjo

Postby pjo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:41 pm

rad law wrote:
pjo wrote:veyron, what do you think my chances are at GW? At this point its my top choice. I'm willing to pay sticker, and I'll be applying the first week apps are open FWIW. I'm also throwing apps to W&M, GMU, maybe Richmond now

Sticker at GW? I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Yea I'm somewhat hesitant, but I'm thinking its matching ultimately what my goals are (Practice and regional preference). I mean I have zero debt, no UG Debt, nothing. Also, my COL will be covered, so basically I'll only be footing the bill for tuition (which I know is still going to run about $132,000)

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:43 pm

pjo wrote:
rad law wrote:

Yea I'm somewhat hesitant, but I'm thinking its matching ultimately what my goals are (Practice and regional preference). I mean I have zero debt, no UG Debt, nothing. Also, my COL will be covered, so basically I'll only be footing the bill for tuition (which I know is still going to run about $132,000)

Even a $132k I wouldn't do it, since the DC area is incredibly glutted. But anyways, just throw out the apps and see where the chips fall. It's a little early to be having this discussion haha. Who knows? Maybe you'll get some nice $.

pjo

Postby pjo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 pm

rad law wrote:
pjo wrote:
rad law wrote:

Even a $132k I wouldn't do it, since the DC area is incredibly glutted. But anyways, just throw out the apps and see where the chips fall. It's a little early to be having this discussion haha. Who knows? Maybe you'll get some nice $.

True, true. I mean don't get me wrong, I'd rather go a cheaper route. And like I said I don't technically want DC (I'm well aware the market is extremely difficult to break into) as much as more along the line of No/So Va. I just wish American and GMU weren't so stingy with money (at least from what I've seen on LSN) and I think my numbers are too low to get money to W&M (if I even get in). I mean I just figure if I get into GW why not pay the extra 8k/yr to go there rather than GMU? Believe me, if I could convince GMU to let me go there for say..20K/yr or less, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I just don't see it happening. I'm not In-state for VA btw.

Return to “What are my chances?”