3.75 (175)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

3.75 (175)

Postby Saltqjibo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:02 pm

So. I finally got my score back and I am elated. Could not have done anywhere near that well without all the awesome people on TLS who offered advice and encouragement. Anyone want to speculate on my chances/ where I should apply?

I think I'm looking for $$$ over prestige, though if i got in at HYS I would probably seriously consider the opportunity (I'm international so I'm not sure if they hook you up with the same kind of aid/loans). Definitely interested in Chicago, Michigan and Duke. Any others in the T14 I should target that might give out a juicy scholarship? Still trying to decide between Canada and the States, money is the real issue for me (already been thinking about where I want to practice).

There are a couple of issues with my app though. I was arrested for a break and enter when I was 15 but it went through deferred adjudication (not as bad as it sounds - we were just found inside a school building after hours - no damage or vandalism etc.). I've also bounced around to multiple universities during my undergrad career (attended 3, the first I only ever intended to complete the first year program and transfer, 2nd transfer was for personal reasons). Also have only taken 80% course load for the last few years. Will this mess me up too badly?

Decent softs - lots of research work in biology and ecology (no pubs though). various volunteer stuff. Work experience in a high risk and high intensity workplace.

Hoping to do PI. No real interest in Biglaw. Would love to hear what people think.

Re: 3.75 (175)

Postby ze2151 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Return to “What are my chances?”