3.70/170

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Bemused

3.70/170

Postby Bemused » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Longtime lurker, first time poster. As with many others I am trying to judge what my chances are now that I know my numbers from my first LSAT attempt. I am looking primarily at the California schools (Standford-if I retake the LSAT, Boalt, UCLA, USC, Davis, Hastings). Undergrad double major in English/Philosophy at a top university. MA in English from a different top university with a perfect 4.0 though I know that doesn't count as much. I am not a URM. I am interested in what people think my chances are both to get in and in terms of funding since I have a fair amount of debt already. I can claim residency in California so that will help cost-wise with the UC's.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

acadec

Re: 3.70/170

Postby acadec » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Out at Stanford; WL or out at Boalt; in everywhere else. Maybe look into some of the lower T14, which could give you better prospects for employment, even in CA, than Davis or Hastings. Also, you should be able to get a decent amount of money from those two at least.

Emma.

Re: 3.70/170

Postby Emma. » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Bemused wrote:Longtime lurker, first time poster. As with many others I am trying to judge what my chances are now that I know my numbers from my first LSAT attempt. I am looking primarily at the California schools (Standford-if I retake the LSAT, Boalt, UCLA, USC, Davis, Hastings). Undergrad double major in English/Philosophy at a top university. MA in English from a different top university with a perfect 4.0 though I know that doesn't count as much. I am not a URM. I am interested in what people think my chances are both to get in and in terms of funding since I have a fair amount of debt already. I can claim residency in California so that will help cost-wise with the UC's.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

I think the GPA will hurt you at SLS and Boalt, though maybe if you did really well in a retake you'd have a shot. Should have a great chance at the others, with at least some scholly cash.

Return to “What are my chances?”