3.67, 163

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jeremychristiansen

3.67, 163

Postby jeremychristiansen » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:18 am

Here is my info:

LSAT 161, 163 (most recent) (I know not great, I only missed 8 questions on my last test outside of the games, and I bombed the games, it was the worst score I have ever gotten on a games section but I am through with that test)
GPA: 3.67 (as a soft I have a 4.0 since I left high school in 2005, I got some bad grades in some concurrent enrollment classes when I was 16 I have an addendum for it)

Softs:
2 years in foreign country doing service
Fluent in Spanish
Married, had children through undergrad (got to count for something)
Run successful mentoring program for at-risk youth in my community for the past 2 years
Lots of involvement on campus, i.e. founded a club that represents other students arguing their cases before Judicial Council at school
Lots of volunteer work in community
Nominated for the top scholarship at my University
My LOR's are awesome, one is from my Dean

Here is the list, it is big cause I REALLY want to go to law school,most every school on the list has a clinic/program for appellate litigation which is what I want to do: (Listed in order of LSP likeliness Deny-Admit)

DENY-Yale (kid can dream can't he?)
DENY-UVA (ED?) This would be my top choice
DENY-Duke
WEAK-U of Texas
CONSIDER-WUSL
CONSIDER-William & Mary
CONSIDER-BYU (Mormon)
CONSIDER-George Mason
STRONG-Arizona State
STRONG-Wake Forest
STRONG-Arizona
STRONG-Utah(Resident)
STRONG-Pepperdine
STRONG-Baylor
ADMIT-American
ADMIT-U of San Diego
ADMIT-UNLV

What are your thoughts? Who gives me shot? Who will make me sad? (I already know Yale says no)

studebaker07

Re: 3.67, 163

Postby studebaker07 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:45 am

jeremychristiansen wrote:Here is my info:

DENY-Yale (kid can dream can't he?) out
DENY-UVA (ED?) This would be my top choice out
DENY-Duke out
WEAK-U of Texas waitlist - out
CONSIDER-WUSL waitlist - in
CONSIDER-William & Mary waitlist - in
CONSIDER-BYU (Mormon) waitlist - out
CONSIDER-George Mason in
STRONG-Arizona State in w/ $
STRONG-Wake Forest in
STRONG-Arizona in w/ $
STRONG-Utah(Resident) in
STRONG-Pepperdine in
STRONG-Baylor in
ADMIT-American in
ADMIT-U of San Diego in
ADMIT-UNLV in w/ $$$

What are your thoughts? Who gives me shot? Who will make me sad? (I already know Yale says no)

pjo

Postby pjo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:00 pm

just a question about "consider" and "strong consider" for LSP... what do these usually tend to result in? I take it "strong consider" is usally WL-In and "consider" is 50/50 for WL-In???. OP, I have similiar numbers 162, 3.94 and we're applying to similiar schools.

jeremychristiansen

Postby jeremychristiansen » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:33 pm

This is from LSP
ADMIT: You’re an auto-admit and will likely be admitted, unless the school is practicing yield protection, or you clearly didn’t take the application seriously. This corresponds roughly to a greater than 75% chance of being admitted.
STRONG CONSIDER: You have a good to great chance of being admitted. This corresponds roughly to a 63% to 75% chance of being admitted.
CONSIDER: You have a decent chance of being admitted; you may be waitlisted, or possibly rejected. This corresponds roughly to a 38% to 62% chance of being admitted.
WEAK CONSIDER: You have a poor to moderate chance of being admitted; there is the distinct possibility you will be waitlisted or rejected. This corresponds roughly to a 25% to 37% chance of being admitted.
DENY: You’re an auto-reject and will likely be rejected without other compelling non-LSAT/GPA characteristics. This corresponds roughly to a less than 25% chance of being admitted.

pjo

Postby pjo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:48 pm

jeremychristiansen wrote:This is from LSP
ADMIT: You’re an auto-admit and will likely be admitted, unless the school is practicing yield protection, or you clearly didn’t take the application seriously. This corresponds roughly to a greater than 75% chance of being admitted.
STRONG CONSIDER: You have a good to great chance of being admitted. This corresponds roughly to a 63% to 75% chance of being admitted.
CONSIDER: You have a decent chance of being admitted; you may be waitlisted, or possibly rejected. This corresponds roughly to a 38% to 62% chance of being admitted.
WEAK CONSIDER: You have a poor to moderate chance of being admitted; there is the distinct possibility you will be waitlisted or rejected. This corresponds roughly to a 25% to 37% chance of being admitted.
DENY: You’re an auto-reject and will likely be rejected without other compelling non-LSAT/GPA characteristics. This corresponds roughly to a less than 25% chance of being admitted.

thanks for this. Don't know why I didn't see it.

Return to “What are my chances?”