3.8/155 - Specific Schools Provided

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

3.8/155 - Specific Schools Provided

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:02 am

I really, really do not want to retake the lsat, and for the schools I want to go to, I dont think I have to. I work full time and attend classes full time, so there is just no way that I can put any more time and effort into studying than what I already have.

I have 6 years paralegal experience, first generational college student, NA with/out tribal affiliation, and am non-trad. I also interned with a county judge, organized my school's first ever court of appeals live oral argument, and am working on a documentary about juveniles in the Indiana Juvenile Justice System. I also hosted political debates at my campus.

I am willing to apply FT or PT (when applicable). Here are the schools I want to apply to:

(Reach Schools)
Notre Dame
Lewis and Clark

(I'm within these schools ranges)
IU-B
IU-Indy
MSU
Chicago Kent PT
Depaul PT
Loyola PT
I would only apply PT to chicago schools since I will be commuting from Indiana.

(I'm above the 75% for both gpa and lsat but would go if I got a scholly)
Valpo
John Marshall

Many thanks . . .
Last edited by angiej on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: 3.8/155 Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:49 am

Bump - please . . . anybody?

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: 3.8/155 Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois

Postby scribelaw » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:51 am

You need to retake for Indiana-Bloomington or Illinois.

Decent GPA, but that LSAT score is going to hold you back. Need something around 163-164 at least.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: 3.8/155 Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:58 am

scribelaw wrote:You need to retake for Indiana-Bloomington or Illinois.

Decent GPA, but that LSAT score is going to hold you back. Need something around 163-164 at least.


Okay, what about IU Indy or MSU? Am I in at the others?

User avatar
studebaker07
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:40 pm

Re: 3.8/155 Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois

Postby studebaker07 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:59 am

angiej wrote:
scribelaw wrote:You need to retake for Indiana-Bloomington or Illinois.

Decent GPA, but that LSAT score is going to hold you back. Need something around 163-164 at least.


Okay, what about IU Indy or MSU? Am I in at the others?


Probably in at MSU but right at the cut-off with IU Indy. It looks like 156/157 is where they drew the cutoff last year between admits and waitlists, according to LSN in 2009-2010. Same applies for the last previous years. Are you an Indiana resident? Strong softs combined with that high GPA might work in your favor.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: 3.8/155 Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 pm

studebaker07 wrote:
angiej wrote:
scribelaw wrote:You need to retake for Indiana-Bloomington or Illinois.

Decent GPA, but that LSAT score is going to hold you back. Need something around 163-164 at least.


Okay, what about IU Indy or MSU? Am I in at the others?


Probably in at MSU but right at the cut-off with IU Indy. It looks like 156/157 is where they drew the cutoff last year between admits and waitlists, according to LSN in 2009-2010. Same applies for the last previous years. Are you an Indiana resident? Strong softs combined with that high GPA might work in your favor.

Yep I'm in Indiana. I've got a LOR coming from attorney boss, judge I interned with and took two classes with and a prof who I've taken three classes with and worked with on my research of judicial selection. I will discuss my first gen college student and struggles I've overcome in DS and have PS already drafted. So I should be applying early Oct at latest.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: 3.8/155 - Specific Schools Provided

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Also I will check the "either pt or ft" whenever possible,

User avatar
studebaker07
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:40 pm

Re: 3.8/155 - Specific Schools Provided

Postby studebaker07 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:18 pm

angiej wrote:Yep I'm in Indiana. I've got a LOR coming from attorney boss, judge I interned with and took two classes with and a prof who I've taken three classes with and worked with on my research of judicial selection. I will discuss my first gen college student and struggles I've overcome in DS and have PS already drafted. So I should be applying early Oct at latest.


Being in-state will help a lot I think. I applied to IU-Indy in 2008 with a 3.65/158 and they offered me $$$ and I am nowhere near Indiana. You appear to have excellent softs and references. With all this, I think you have a strong chance of being admitted at IU-Indy.

User avatar
angiej
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 am

Re: 3.8/155 - Specific Schools Provided

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:14 pm

studebaker07 wrote:
angiej wrote:Yep I'm in Indiana. I've got a LOR coming from attorney boss, judge I interned with and took two classes with and a prof who I've taken three classes with and worked with on my research of judicial selection. I will discuss my first gen college student and struggles I've overcome in DS and have PS already drafted. So I should be applying early Oct at latest.


Being in-state will help a lot I think. I applied to IU-Indy in 2008 with a 3.65/158 and they offered me $$$ and I am nowhere near Indiana. You appear to have excellent softs and references. With all this, I think you have a strong chance of being admitted at IU-Indy.


Good! Thanks. I've heard some people say that out of state is better b/c a school can get more $ for tuition plus be able to say they have x # of states and undergrad institutions represented at their law school. I also visited a few weeks ago and have made contact with an animal law professor there (I have a passion for animals and deeply want to use my jd to impact the rights of animals and the care and protection afforded to them).




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], musiclover123 and 2 guests