3.8/155 - Specific Schools Provided

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
angiej

3.8/155 - Specific Schools Provided

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:02 am

I really, really do not want to retake the lsat, and for the schools I want to go to, I dont think I have to. I work full time and attend classes full time, so there is just no way that I can put any more time and effort into studying than what I already have.

I have 6 years paralegal experience, first generational college student, NA with/out tribal affiliation, and am non-trad. I also interned with a county judge, organized my school's first ever court of appeals live oral argument, and am working on a documentary about juveniles in the Indiana Juvenile Justice System. I also hosted political debates at my campus.

I am willing to apply FT or PT (when applicable). Here are the schools I want to apply to:

(Reach Schools)
Notre Dame
Lewis and Clark

(I'm within these schools ranges)
IU-B
IU-Indy
MSU
Chicago Kent PT
Depaul PT
Loyola PT
I would only apply PT to chicago schools since I will be commuting from Indiana.

(I'm above the 75% for both gpa and lsat but would go if I got a scholly)
Valpo
John Marshall

Many thanks . . .
Last edited by angiej on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

angiej

Re: 3.8/155 Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:49 am

Bump - please . . . anybody?

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:51 am

You need to retake for Indiana-Bloomington or Illinois.

Decent GPA, but that LSAT score is going to hold you back. Need something around 163-164 at least.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:58 am

scribelaw wrote:You need to retake for Indiana-Bloomington or Illinois.

Decent GPA, but that LSAT score is going to hold you back. Need something around 163-164 at least.

Okay, what about IU Indy or MSU? Am I in at the others?

studebaker07

Postby studebaker07 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:59 am

angiej wrote:

Probably in at MSU but right at the cut-off with IU Indy. It looks like 156/157 is where they drew the cutoff last year between admits and waitlists, according to LSN in 2009-2010. Same applies for the last previous years. Are you an Indiana resident? Strong softs combined with that high GPA might work in your favor.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 pm

studebaker07 wrote:
angiej wrote:

Probably in at MSU but right at the cut-off with IU Indy. It looks like 156/157 is where they drew the cutoff last year between admits and waitlists, according to LSN in 2009-2010. Same applies for the last previous years. Are you an Indiana resident? Strong softs combined with that high GPA might work in your favor.

Yep I'm in Indiana. I've got a LOR coming from attorney boss, judge I interned with and took two classes with and a prof who I've taken three classes with and worked with on my research of judicial selection. I will discuss my first gen college student and struggles I've overcome in DS and have PS already drafted. So I should be applying early Oct at latest.

angiej

Re: 3.8/155 - Specific Schools Provided

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Also I will check the "either pt or ft" whenever possible,

studebaker07

Postby studebaker07 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:18 pm

angiej wrote:Yep I'm in Indiana. I've got a LOR coming from attorney boss, judge I interned with and took two classes with and a prof who I've taken three classes with and worked with on my research of judicial selection. I will discuss my first gen college student and struggles I've overcome in DS and have PS already drafted. So I should be applying early Oct at latest.

Being in-state will help a lot I think. I applied to IU-Indy in 2008 with a 3.65/158 and they offered me $$$ and I am nowhere near Indiana. You appear to have excellent softs and references. With all this, I think you have a strong chance of being admitted at IU-Indy.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:14 pm

studebaker07 wrote:
angiej wrote:Yep I'm in Indiana. I've got a LOR coming from attorney boss, judge I interned with and took two classes with and a prof who I've taken three classes with and worked with on my research of judicial selection. I will discuss my first gen college student and struggles I've overcome in DS and have PS already drafted. So I should be applying early Oct at latest.

Being in-state will help a lot I think. I applied to IU-Indy in 2008 with a 3.65/158 and they offered me $$$ and I am nowhere near Indiana. You appear to have excellent softs and references. With all this, I think you have a strong chance of being admitted at IU-Indy.

Good! Thanks. I've heard some people say that out of state is better b/c a school can get more $ for tuition plus be able to say they have x # of states and undergrad institutions represented at their law school. I also visited a few weeks ago and have made contact with an animal law professor there (I have a passion for animals and deeply want to use my jd to impact the rights of animals and the care and protection afforded to them).

Return to “What are my chances?”