Where to Apply?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Where to Apply?

Postby bostonlawchick » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:20 pm

Yes, another one of these threads....

171/3.4

worked 40+ hours through undergrad while taking 18 credits a semester, no softs to speak of... I should have a 3.5 come the end of fall semester next year. Retaking in October, my PTs were in the 173-176 range. No interest in going west of the Mississippi.

My list so far is:

BC
BU
Gtown
WUSTL

Where else should I apply? I'd like to come back to Boston to work, but NY would be just as good.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Where to Apply?

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:21 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:Yes, another one of these threads....

171/3.4

worked 40+ hours through undergrad while taking 18 credits a semester, no softs to speak of... I should have a 3.5 come the end of fall semester next year. Retaking in October, my PTs were in the 173-176 range. No interest in going west of the Mississippi.

My list so far is:

BC
BU
Gtown
WUSTL

Where else should I apply? I'd like to come back to Boston to work, but NY would be just as good.


Penn
Uva
Michigan
Duke
Cornell

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Where to Apply?

Postby bostonlawchick » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:Yes, another one of these threads....

171/3.4

worked 40+ hours through undergrad while taking 18 credits a semester, no softs to speak of... I should have a 3.5 come the end of fall semester next year. Retaking in October, my PTs were in the 173-176 range. No interest in going west of the Mississippi.

My list so far is:

BC
BU
Gtown
WUSTL

Where else should I apply? I'd like to come back to Boston to work, but NY would be just as good.


Penn
Uva
Michigan
Duke
Cornell


Thanks DF. That makes me feel better about my 171. :)

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Where to Apply?

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:45 am

Desert Fox wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:Yes, another one of these threads....

171/3.4

worked 40+ hours through undergrad while taking 18 credits a semester, no softs to speak of... I should have a 3.5 come the end of fall semester next year. Retaking in October, my PTs were in the 173-176 range. No interest in going west of the Mississippi.

My list so far is:

BC
BU
Gtown
WUSTL

Where else should I apply? I'd like to come back to Boston to work, but NY would be just as good.


Penn
Uva
Michigan
Duke
Cornell


^These, plus consider:
Fordham
Texas
Vanderbilt
W&L
Illinois
Notre Dame
Emory

Send out a ton of fee waivers and consider sending fee waiver requests to most T30 schools. Never hurts to ask and lots of schools give them out. The more apps you send out the better chance you have at getting a scholly you can use to leverage money out of other schools.

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Where to Apply?

Postby bostonlawchick » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:

Send out a ton of fee waivers and consider sending fee waiver requests to most T30 schools. Never hurts to ask and lots of schools give them out. The more apps you send out the better chance you have at getting a scholly you can use to leverage money out of other schools.


How do the fee waivers work? I have an LSAC fee waiver, does that mean some schools automatically give me a fee waiver as well? For the schools that don't do it automatically, do they just email you one to the email from your LSAC account?




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], musiclover123 and 2 guests