4.0/168

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Bildungsroman

4.0/168

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:42 pm

4.0/168
Applying straight out of undergrad
Decent softs (nothing game-changing but enough that I don't think there will be a perceived problem)

I've looked at LSN and LSP, just want to get an assessment of what people think of my chances at the following schools I'm considering applying to, what their experiences have been, and what scholarships they've received/seen given with similar numbers. Also, if anyone has any insight into the relative strengths of the LRAPs at these schools please share.

Berkeley
Duke
Michigan
Cornell
Georgetown
Vanderbilt
Notre Dame
George Washington
Boston University
William & Mary
Colorado

Also, which of these schools typically give fee waivers, and when is a good time to ask for fee waivers?

Notor

Re: 4.0/168

Postby Notor » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:4.0/168
Applying straight out of undergrad
Decent softs (nothing game-changing but enough that I don't think there will be a perceived problem)

I've looked at LSN and LSP, just want to get an assessment of what people think of my chances at the following schools I'm considering applying to, what their experiences have been, and what scholarships they've received/seen given with similar numbers. Also, if anyone has any insight into the relative strengths of the LRAPs at these schools please share.

Berkeley WL
Duke IN
Michigan IN
Cornell IN
Georgetown WL
Vanderbilt IN
Notre Dame IN
George Washington IN
Boston University IN
William & Mary IN
Colorado IN

Also, which of these schools typically give fee waivers, and when is a good time to ask for fee waivers?

Apply higher, your GPA will give you a shot anywhere but YHS. Total waste to apply to Colorado/BU with those stats. Pick 1-2 backups and then aim high

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:47 pm

This list is a little conservative for your numbers.

If I were you, I'd just blanket the T14 with perhaps Vanderbilt and BU as safeties.

Ask them all for fee waivers. All they can do is say no.

EDIT: Would you also consider a retake? A few points higher and your HS chances would improve dramatically.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:02 am

scribelaw wrote:This list is a little conservative for your numbers.

If I were you, I'd just blanket the T14 with perhaps Vanderbilt and BU as safeties.

Ask them all for fee waivers. All they can do is say no.

EDIT: Would you also consider a retake? A few points higher and your HS chances would improve dramatically.

I am considering a retake. My plan is to do some light studying over the next month or so and take a couple of practice tests under realistic conditions to see what level I'm at. If I feel confident that I have the potential to get a higher score then I will register for October.

Return to “What are my chances?”