3.9/??? LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Merhpe

3.9/??? LSAT

Postby Merhpe » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Here's the thing, I really want to go to LSU law school. I went there for undergrad and want to stay here. I have good LORs and good softs. What do you think the minimum I would have to score on the LSAT to have a good chance of getting in? I'm just trying to figure out how to feel about my score tomorrow (hopefully tomorrow haha).

Re: 3.9/??? LSAT

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:44 pm

Merhpe wrote:Here's the thing, I really want to go to LSU law school. I went there for undergrad and want to stay here. I have good LORs and good softs. What do you think the minimum I would have to score on the LSAT to have a good chance of getting in? I'm just trying to figure out how to feel about my score tomorrow (hopefully tomorrow haha).

160 should get you a decent scholarship there. 157 is in, but you shouldn't attend a TTT like LSU with a fullride.

But why the fuck do you want to stay at LSU? What kind of law do you want to practice.

sumus romani

Postby sumus romani » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Bigcrawfishlaw, no doubt. But seriously, I imagine that it is hard to break into these southern markets without graduating from the leading state school. Especially LA with its fucked up legal system.

merichard87

Postby merichard87 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
But why the fuck do you want to stay at LSU?

TITCR

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:50 pm

merichard87 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
But why the fuck do you want to stay at LSU?

TITCR

+1

BUT...

http://lsu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

Apply early enough, and you should be pretty much in as long as you get at least a 155.

Merhpe

Postby Merhpe » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:55 pm

sumus romani wrote:Bigcrawfishlaw, no doubt. But seriously, I imagine that it is hard to break into these southern markets without graduating from the leading state school. Especially LA with its fucked up legal system.

Truth. I don't really want to leave either... It's better than loyola and southern, and I honestly find Tulane to be a little too expensive if you want to stay in Louisiana (I think it's a fine school though, if you want to leave). I just think it would be way harder to pay off Tulane debt than LSU debt in Louisiana's market.

And for the law I want to practice... I'm not too sure. I've always liked environmental or insurance defense (definitely needed here in LA). But that's just throwing stuff out there, I'm not too sure yet.

Return to “What are my chances?”