How does early decision help?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rklafehn

How does early decision help?

Postby rklafehn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:45 pm

For example, I would like to attend UPenn.

With a 3.91 GPA and a 166 LSAT (I believe that test day nerves will drop my 170 ish PT average), could I still be admitted to UPenn and would EDing help me get admitted?

Thanks.

kalvano

Re: How does early decision help?

Postby kalvano » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:49 pm

You promise them your firstborn and an 80% lien against any future earnings. Drinking the blood of young children is how law school deans survive outside of the pit of fire and brimstone they normally call home.

ED helps because it's binding commitment to attend the school. If you have borderline-ish numbers, it's a guaranteed spot for them to fill, and they don't have to mess about with financial aid.

Xnegd

Re: How does early decision help?

Postby Xnegd » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:50 pm

rklafehn wrote:For example, I would like to attend UPenn.

With a 3.91 GPA and a 166 LSAT (I believe that test day nerves will drop my 170 ish PT average), could I still be admitted to UPenn and would EDing help me get admitted?

Thanks.

It might, it helps the college's stats because it assures that people they accept will attend. Helps their Yield.

A lot of people on hear think it hurts your chances at scholorships though so be warned.

Return to “What are my chances?”