chance with a charge?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

chance with a charge?

Postby sharpshooter » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:09 am

im a rising senior at a respected UG with a gpa floating around a 3.2. very active on campus football team, fraternity, studied abroad, and interned at a law firm last summer and am at a different one this summer. just took the June LSAT expecting low to mid 160s. But these things arent my main concern. My main concern is an alcohol intoxication charge i got about two weeks ago. Which im kinda angry at the charge considering i blew a .078 and wasn't being a loud belligerent drunk, i thought i had actually been rather responsible that night. o well. i plan on getting the charge dismissed and then expunged. Will i still have to disclose a charge that has been expunged? and what will this do to my overall chances of getting in? thanks.

Re: chance with a charge?

Postby deadpanic » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:10 am

You will have to disclose it and it probably won't be a big deal. The only thing working against you is that it happened so recently.

Still, you should be fine.

Postby Azmatt » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:14 am

frat kids. Do us a favor and don't go to law school.

I wouldn't worry to be honest. Don't volunteer the info just cause, but if you're asked then be 100% up front. I'm not sure if they do a background check or if it'll even show up on your report this soon. These are things I'd go look up if I were you. But, since you're expecting it to be expunged, I wouldn't stress.

Although, I would make it a point to burn all bright neon colored polos you might own. Just saying.

Postby sharpshooter » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:22 am

thanks for the encouragement. its just one of those things that's really stressful. and thanks for the advice on the polos but no need to worry about me prancing around looking like an easter egg. mostly my fraternity is a bunch of meathead football players that are about as anti-polo as possible...but i dont guess being a meathead football player is much better.

Postby LoyolaLaw2012 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 am

I know a law student that has multiple intoxication charges. You will be fine. Just make sure you disclose.

Return to “What are my chances?”