URM 4.0/168 Mexican-American

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lilybbloom

Re: URM 4.0/168 Mexican-American

Postby lilybbloom » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:50 pm

What's up with the bogus advice on this thread? OP, you are absolutely a lock at CCN, and I would be very surprised if you didn't get one of HYS.

dondiego

Postby dondiego » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 pm

lilybbloom wrote:What's up with the bogus advice on this thread? OP, you are absolutely a lock at CCN, and I would be very surprised if you didn't get one of HYS.

:shock: You really think so?

Postby 20121109 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Core wrote:
dondiego wrote:Core, if you don't mind me asking when did you send your applications? Also, given the probable competitiveness of this coming year's cycle do you see someone with my stats getting into H (assuming I send applications early and solid PS)?

I applied in mid-October. Click the link for my LSN in my profile.
I think you have a great shot. I obviously had a shot because I was interviewed. As mentioned above, your role within the Hispanic community (and any hardships you've faced) will play a big role in your application.
I think that for non-AA URMS, law school predictor is worthless. PR's and MX do not receive as nearly as huge a boost that AA's do. You'll see a lot of AA's get into HYS with low/mid-160's. You will not see that for Hispanic URMs, save for a few special cases.

For all URMs, LSP is pretty worthless. I know several AA URMs that got into Harvard with 164/3.8ish stats. Type those numbers into LSP and see the results. URMs should always take LSP with an itty, bitty grain of salt.

OP, has a great shot at the whole of the T14. Apply everywhere and watch the scholarship money (and the very possible HYS acceptances) roll in.

MartianManhunter

Postby MartianManhunter » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:10 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:Also, don't apply to schools where you are not above the median numbers or else you'll get wait-listed. Even if you are one point below the median LSAT, you will get wait-listed.

I don't understand this. Even if it were true, getting waitlisted at HYS isn't exactly terrible news. Especially for someone with median/below median numbers. I think the chance of waitlist -> admit would be worth it.

OP should apply broadly and work to leverage waitlists if they come, not self-select out of potential acceptances.

Return to “What are my chances?”