where can I get in? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
glucose101

Bronze

where can I get in?

Post by glucose101 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Mexican-American from San Antonio, TX

3.3 GPA English major at Middlebury College; rising senior

I know I'm going to get a lot of groans...but I haven't taken the LSAT yet, but I *wait for it* am aiming for a 172 (I'm going to take a gap year with a job in addition to studying for the LSAT this summer and the following if need be)

Plan on applying as early as I can in the cycle

Most notable: Debate treasurer/social coordinator, Real Estate Investment internship (in SA, in addition to paid jobs), work for school's HR department

Where can I get in?

JWicker10

Bronze

Re: where can I get in?

Post by JWicker10 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:11 pm

The LSAT is 60-80+ percent of the decision, it's impossible to say.

It's great that you're "shooting" for a 172, but so are the other 99% of people who score below that threshold. Scoring in the 99th percentile and above isn't something you can bank on. Take the LSAT, then use Law School Numbers and Law School Predictor.

Also, the fact that you're a urm will help you, but it's not going to be some miracle application point. Your gpa is still low as well.

Sorry to sound ominous or negative, these are just the facts. Study hard for the LSAT, it's going to be absolutely key for you.

Ronaldo

New

Post by Ronaldo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Agree. It does not matter what number you are shooting for, it all depends on your preparation, determination, and execution of the LSAT. Do not shoot for a 172, shoot for a 180 and go from there.

Good Luck!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Get an LSAT and ask again when you have a score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”