ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
upwardtrend
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 am

ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby upwardtrend » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:42 am

Situation: 3.4 UGPA from Duke (upward trend, 2.9 after I did nothing but party freshman year), 170 LSAT. Decent softs. Will applying ED give me a reasonable shot at admission to the lower T14s, speficically...

1. DUKE - by far my first choice as its where i did my undergrad and im from NC. Not too familiar with how much their ED helps since its new.
2. UVA - heard they place lower emphasis on GPA
3. others

User avatar
MusicNutMeggie
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:45 am

Are you a VA resident? Guessing not, since you didn't say so...but that'd help.

upwardtrend
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 am

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby upwardtrend » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:55 am

no im a NC resident

User avatar
joemoviebuff
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby joemoviebuff » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:23 am

Same numbers, going to UVA next year.

upwardtrend
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 am

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby upwardtrend » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 am

did u do ED to UVA or regular?

User avatar
joemoviebuff
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby joemoviebuff » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:38 pm

upwardtrend wrote:did u do ED to UVA or regular?


ED

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby im_blue » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:49 pm

upwardtrend wrote:1. DUKE - by far my first choice as its where i did my undergrad and im from NC. Not too familiar with how much their ED helps since its new.

I wouldn't ED anywhere but my first choice, especially since you're at their 75th percentile LSAT. Good luck!

wrichcirw
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby wrichcirw » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:26 am

im_blue wrote:
upwardtrend wrote:1. DUKE - by far my first choice as its where i did my undergrad and im from NC. Not too familiar with how much their ED helps since its new.

I wouldn't ED anywhere but my first choice, especially since you're at their 75th percentile LSAT. Good luck!


Just out of curiosity, what is ED? Thanks. ^^;;

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby im_blue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:45 am

wrichcirw wrote:
im_blue wrote:
upwardtrend wrote:1. DUKE - by far my first choice as its where i did my undergrad and im from NC. Not too familiar with how much their ED helps since its new.

I wouldn't ED anywhere but my first choice, especially since you're at their 75th percentile LSAT. Good luck!


Just out of curiosity, what is ED? Thanks. ^^;;

Early Decision, where you apply by Nov. 1-15 and get a decision by Dec. 15-31. You commit to enroll if accepted.

prelaw10
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:24 am

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby prelaw10 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:52 am

im_blue wrote:
wrichcirw wrote:
im_blue wrote:
upwardtrend wrote:1. DUKE - by far my first choice as its where i did my undergrad and im from NC. Not too familiar with how much their ED helps since its new.

I wouldn't ED anywhere but my first choice, especially since you're at their 75th percentile LSAT. Good luck!


Just out of curiosity, what is ED? Thanks. ^^;;

Early Decision, where you apply by Nov. 1-15 and get a decision by Dec. 15-31. You commit to enroll if accepted.


Do you know what numbers are an unofficial lock at Duke for ED? 25% at one # and 75% at the other? Would that be a near lock? Or just 75% at one #, as in the case wtih the OP?

User avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: ED Give Me Chance for T14?

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Hello, fellow Duke student! 8)
With a 3.4/170, here's what I'm thinking.
I'm actually somewhat pessimistic about your chances at most T14s RD.
Georgetown, Cornell, and Northwestern (with WE) are your best bets.
With a sub 3.5 GPA, T14 law schools usually like to see something higher than a 170.
But with that said, I think if you apply ED to UVA (or Dook)- you'll get in, it just may be your only shot.
Good luck!

imblue: Duke brought its 75th percentile LSAT to a 171 and you must also keep in mind that Dook is very GPA-heavy. It's 25th percentile GPA is depressingly high. (3.6)




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests