Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
shotsfired12

Postby shotsfired12 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:48 pm

redacted.
Last edited by shotsfired12 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burgstaller04

Re: LSDAS Saving My Ass?

Postby Burgstaller04 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:51 pm

I took a math class as a freshman, jacked around, and got a C. I took it again my next semester and made an A. I just looked at my LSAC transcript and there is no record or a C being counted toward my GPA. I think you might be right.

smov_operator

Postby smov_operator » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:53 pm

LSDAS will factor them in your gpa calculation if:

1) the course grades show up on your transcripts, and

2)you would have received credit for the courses if you had passed them.

Is that what you're asking?

shotsfired12

Postby shotsfired12 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:08 pm

redacted.
Last edited by shotsfired12 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremydc

Postby jeremydc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:35 pm

This could help me, I failed a class my 2nd semester and retook it the next semester and got an A. Would that mean the first F isnt counted?

If that is true, my gpa could be raised :P

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:59 am

SHANbangs wrote:does LSDAS exclude from their calculations grades from courses that were not used for credit towards your degree? Am I right in my interpretation? Somebody please confirm this for me because it would make my day!!!

I suspect you're confusing "credit on transcript" with "credit toward graduation." When you say U of T does not give credit for your D+ calc course, that can mean either:
1) Your D+ and number of credits appear on the transcript, but U of T ignores it because it doesn't count for graduation. In this case, LSDAS will count it.
2) Your D+ appears on the transcript, but for 0 credits. In this case, LSDAS won't count it.

Take a look at your official transcript and see if it says 0 credits or something else next to that D+. LSDAS does not care if your classes/grades count for graduation credit - as long as you got nonzero credits of any kind showing on the transcript, they will count.

jms1987

Postby jms1987 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:08 pm

I had one F a couple semesters ago from a pass/fail math class. I screwed on the final (passed EVERYTHING ELSE) and in turn they failed me. I took it again next semester and got a C+ (sucky, but still passed) Will the F be counted towards my final LSDAS GPA?

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:22 pm

jeremydc wrote:This could help me, I failed a class my 2nd semester and retook it the next semester and got an A. Would that mean the first F isnt counted?

Your LSDAS GPA will reflect both grades, unless the original was totally wiped from the transcript.

jms1987 wrote:I had one F a couple semesters ago from a pass/fail math class. I screwed on the final (passed EVERYTHING ELSE) and in turn they failed me. I took it again next semester and got a C+ (sucky, but still passed) Will the F be counted towards my final LSDAS GPA?

Your LSDAS GPA will reflect both grades, unless the original was totally wiped from the transcript.

jms1987

Postby jms1987 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
jeremydc wrote:This could help me, I failed a class my 2nd semester and retook it the next semester and got an A. Would that mean the first F isnt counted?

jms1987 wrote:I had one F a couple semesters ago from a pass/fail math class. I screwed on the final (passed EVERYTHING ELSE) and in turn they failed me. I took it again next semester and got a C+ (sucky, but still passed) Will the F be counted towards my final LSDAS GPA?

Thats what I figured. :| Oh well.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Someone posted this in another thread and I found it really helpful... you can look up your school and see how LSAC interprets the grades on your transcript.

--LinkRemoved--

Return to “What are my chances?”