Where should I apply Early Decision?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
hyunseoki

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Where should I apply Early Decision?

Postby hyunseoki » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:08 pm

My LSAC GPA is 3.43, with a 169 LSAT score.

I will definitely apply early to all of the schools that I'm interested in attending. But do you think it'd be particularly unwise of me to apply ED to GULC? I am willing to attend any T-14 school that will take me.

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Where should I apply Early Decision?

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Retake in Oct. One point makes UVa with ED a lock, and makes Gulc without ED a good shot.

User avatar
Dr. Strangelove

Silver
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Where should I apply Early Decision?

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Michigan might be worth it. 170 & UVA--> :D
I agree with Desert Fox about retaking but only do so if you're reasonably positive that you can do better the second time around. A 169-->167 (despite the fact that law schools "only look at the highest score") will be a lot worse than a 169. However, even a 169-->170 is better than a 169.

User avatar
PLATONiC

Bronze
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: Where should I apply Early Decision?

Postby PLATONiC » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Retake in Oct. One point makes UVa with ED a lock, and makes Gulc without ED a good shot.


When you say "ED a lock", do you mean that he has a really good chance at getting in??

I for some reason have doubts about being able to get into UVA even if I scored a 170, despite the fact that I have a similar GPA with OP.

If 170/3.4x range is a fair ticket to the T14, I'm feeling ecstatic.

User avatar
Dr. Strangelove

Silver
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Where should I apply Early Decision?

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:26 pm

PLATONiC wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Retake in Oct. One point makes UVa with ED a lock, and makes Gulc without ED a good shot.


When you say "ED a lock", do you mean that he has a really good chance at getting in??

I for some reason have doubts about being able to get into UVA even if I scored a 170, despite the fact that I have a similar GPA with OP.

If 170/3.4x range is a fair ticket to the T14, I'm feeling ecstatic.


At least everyone on LSN who applied to UVA Early Decision this year with a 170+ LSAT and a 3.4+ GPA got in.
After a shittastic semester, I've given up on relying on UVA as a reliable acceptance or even a school I'd likely to go to.. would pick Penn over UVA easily.

User avatar
PLATONiC

Bronze
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: Where should I apply Early Decision?

Postby PLATONiC » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
PLATONiC wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Retake in Oct. One point makes UVa with ED a lock, and makes Gulc without ED a good shot.


When you say "ED a lock", do you mean that he has a really good chance at getting in??

I for some reason have doubts about being able to get into UVA even if I scored a 170, despite the fact that I have a similar GPA with OP.

If 170/3.4x range is a fair ticket to the T14, I'm feeling ecstatic.


At least everyone on LSN who applied to UVA Early Decision this year with a 170+ LSAT and a 3.4+ GPA got in.
After a shittastic semester, I've given up on relying on UVA as a reliable acceptance or even a school I'd likely to go to.. would pick Penn over UVA easily.


Holy Mama!!

That's great:D I'm still studying for the LSAT, and there's a fair chance of being able to hit the 170s for me if I can manage my RC (-9 for now, while all three other sections usually add up to -4 to -5).

User avatar
im_blue

Gold
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Where should I apply Early Decision?

Postby im_blue » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
PLATONiC wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Retake in Oct. One point makes UVa with ED a lock, and makes Gulc without ED a good shot.


When you say "ED a lock", do you mean that he has a really good chance at getting in??

I for some reason have doubts about being able to get into UVA even if I scored a 170, despite the fact that I have a similar GPA with OP.

If 170/3.4x range is a fair ticket to the T14, I'm feeling ecstatic.


At least everyone on LSN who applied to UVA Early Decision this year with a 170+ LSAT and a 3.4+ GPA got in.
After a shittastic semester, I've given up on relying on UVA as a reliable acceptance or even a school I'd likely to go to.. would pick Penn over UVA easily.

It'll be interesting to see how the next cycle goes at UVA, given their 3 straight years of over-enrollments.



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest