Where should I apply Early Decision?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hyunseoki

New

Where should I apply Early Decision?

Postby hyunseoki » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:08 pm

My LSAC GPA is 3.43, with a 169 LSAT score.

I will definitely apply early to all of the schools that I'm interested in attending. But do you think it'd be particularly unwise of me to apply ED to GULC? I am willing to attend any T-14 school that will take me.

Diamond

Re: Where should I apply Early Decision?

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Retake in Oct. One point makes UVa with ED a lock, and makes Gulc without ED a good shot.

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Michigan might be worth it. 170 & UVA--> :D
I agree with Desert Fox about retaking but only do so if you're reasonably positive that you can do better the second time around. A 169-->167 (despite the fact that law schools "only look at the highest score") will be a lot worse than a 169. However, even a 169-->170 is better than a 169.

PLATONiC

Bronze

Postby PLATONiC » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Retake in Oct. One point makes UVa with ED a lock, and makes Gulc without ED a good shot.

When you say "ED a lock", do you mean that he has a really good chance at getting in??

I for some reason have doubts about being able to get into UVA even if I scored a 170, despite the fact that I have a similar GPA with OP.

If 170/3.4x range is a fair ticket to the T14, I'm feeling ecstatic.

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:26 pm

PLATONiC wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Retake in Oct. One point makes UVa with ED a lock, and makes Gulc without ED a good shot.

When you say "ED a lock", do you mean that he has a really good chance at getting in??

I for some reason have doubts about being able to get into UVA even if I scored a 170, despite the fact that I have a similar GPA with OP.

At least everyone on LSN who applied to UVA Early Decision this year with a 170+ LSAT and a 3.4+ GPA got in.
After a shittastic semester, I've given up on relying on UVA as a reliable acceptance or even a school I'd likely to go to.. would pick Penn over UVA easily.

PLATONiC

Bronze

Postby PLATONiC » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
PLATONiC wrote:

At least everyone on LSN who applied to UVA Early Decision this year with a 170+ LSAT and a 3.4+ GPA got in.
After a shittastic semester, I've given up on relying on UVA as a reliable acceptance or even a school I'd likely to go to.. would pick Penn over UVA easily.

Holy Mama!!

That's great:D I'm still studying for the LSAT, and there's a fair chance of being able to hit the 170s for me if I can manage my RC (-9 for now, while all three other sections usually add up to -4 to -5).

im_blue

Gold

Postby im_blue » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
PLATONiC wrote:

It'll be interesting to see how the next cycle goes at UVA, given their 3 straight years of over-enrollments.

Return to “What are my chances??