Tier 4 to IVY

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
APE285
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Tier 4 to IVY

Postby APE285 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:28 pm

I am in the top 2% of my 1L class at a T4 School. My numbers where not great in undergrad. I took care of my father who, at the time, had cancer and ultimately passed away my senior year. With that being said what are my chances of transferring to T14? ie. Columbia

yabbadabbado
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby yabbadabbado » Sat May 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Blanket the top 20 with apps and see what happens. Columbia might not happen, but you might luck out and get into some other t14. Good luck.

User avatar
APE285
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby APE285 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks!

User avatar
APE285
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby APE285 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Does anyone know of someone who made that Jump? T4 to top 13

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby JordynAsh » Sat May 29, 2010 2:06 pm

APE285 wrote:Does anyone know of someone who made that Jump? T4 to top 13


RANCID anti-GULC trolling.

honestabe84
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby honestabe84 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:30 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
APE285 wrote:Does anyone know of someone who made that Jump? T4 to top 13


RANCID anti-GULC trolling.


OP might as well stay put if he/she is only going from a T4 to GeorgeTTTown.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18423
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby bk1 » Sat May 29, 2010 10:31 pm

I think it is fair to differentiate GULC from the rest of the T14 in transfer app process due to sheer size of the transfer class at GULC making it seem much easier to transfer into GULC than into the other T14's.

User avatar
APE285
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby APE285 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:43 am

@JordynAsh-If you are suggesting that I am in some way against GULC or that I am lying you're wrong.I would jump at the chance to go to GULC.But, theres already alot of info on GULC trans.So..why ask?

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun May 30, 2010 10:52 am

Interesting situation. I don't know the answer, but I suspect that successfully transferring to a Top 14 law school will be good publicity for your Tier 4 law school & give their future law students substantial reason to do well in their first year.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18423
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby bk1 » Sun May 30, 2010 2:08 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Interesting situation. I don't know the answer, but I suspect that successfully transferring to a Top 14 law school will be good publicity for your Tier 4 law school & give their future law students substantial reason to do well in their first year.


What? I highly doubt any school would be willing to basically admit "the only reason people go here is as a jumping platform to better schools." They would rather that person stay there and get a good job via their good grades and say "people who go here get into the NLJ250 and V100."

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby JordynAsh » Sun May 30, 2010 2:12 pm

APE285 wrote:@JordynAsh-If you are suggesting that I am in some way against GULC or that I am lying you're wrong.I would jump at the chance to go to GULC.But, theres already alot of info on GULC trans.So..why ask?


LOL. I don't think you're lying (about what even?). It was just a joke.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby romothesavior » Sun May 30, 2010 2:40 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:[strike]Interesting situation. I don't know the answer, but I suspect that successfully transferring to a Top 14 law school will be good publicity for your Tier 4 law school & give their future law students substantial reason to do well in their first year[/strike].

User avatar
jack duluoz
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Tier 4 to IVY

Postby jack duluoz » Sun May 30, 2010 2:43 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Interesting situation. I don't know the answer, but I suspect that successfully transferring to a Top 14 law school will be good publicity for your Tier 4 law school & give their future law students substantial reason to do well in their first year.


Not This.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests