Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Sat May 29, 2010 9:12 am

Last edited by Muenchen on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

of Benito Cereno

Re: 3.94/172 chances at HYS?

Postby of Benito Cereno » Sat May 29, 2010 9:17 am

Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Sat May 29, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zara

Postby Zara » Sat May 29, 2010 9:51 am

i have a 4.0/172 and also went to a pretty unknown UG.

For the schools you listed here are my results:

Yale--Rejected
Harvard--Accepted; Attending
Stanford--Didn't apply
Chicago--Didn't apply
Columbia--Accepted, no money
Berkeley--waitlisted
Cornell--didn't apply
Texas--Accepted, 84k scholarship
WUSTL--didn't apply

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Sat May 29, 2010 9:57 pm

seancooksey07 wrote:I go to basically an unknown liberal arts school in the MidWest as an Economics major. Only took the LSAT once. Obviously I'm going to blanket a lot of the t14 and most of the t6, but I'd really like to be able to get into one of the very top tier HYS instead of a second tier CNC. What do you think my chances are of getting into the following (and money)? Thanks!

Yale - didn't apply
Harvard - WL
Stanford - WL
Chicago - Accepted
Columbia - WL
Berkeley - Accepted
Cornell - Didn't apply
Texas - didn't apply
WUSTL - didn't apply

Added my results.

I have very similar numbers. About mid-cycle I realized I didn't wanna live in NY, so I may have been able to get into Columbia with some extra enthusiasm directed towards them, but who knows? I have zero significant softs. Straight outta UG.

D Brooks

Postby D Brooks » Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Retake.

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:56 pm

seancooksey07 wrote:I go to basically an unknown liberal arts school in the MidWest as an Economics major. Only took the LSAT once. Obviously I'm going to blanket a lot of the t14 and most of the t6, but I'd really like to be able to get into one of the very top tier HYS instead of a second tier CNC. What do you think my chances are of getting into the following (and money)? Thanks!

Yale: In
Harvard: In
Stanford: In
Chicago: In
Columbia: In
Berkeley: In
Cornell: In
Texas: In
WUSTL: In

You're above the GPA median of every school on your list and just about every LSAT median except for Yale/Harvard/Columbia.
I think your chances of getting in everywhere you apply are good. HYS are, of course, iffy but it's not like you don't stand a chance!
Best of luck!

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:56 pm

You have a great shot everywhere. Assemble good LORs, write strong essays (I can't overstate how important this is), and enjoy your senior year :)

Billy Blanks

Postby Billy Blanks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Yale
Harvard
Stanford
Chicago
Columbia
Berkeley
Cornell
Texas
WUSTL

Is everyone letting this go? I want an epic flame war, not helpful advice for the totally respectful and seemingly nice OP.

You Gotta Have Faith

Postby You Gotta Have Faith » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:13 pm

You have a fighting chance at all three of YHS but you are not a total "lock" if you will, for Y and S. Even so, I think you have a decent chance. Especially at H. Make sure the rest of your app comes across very nicely. There's a lot to be said for good PS, resume, and LORs. Too often underestimated.

You have a really good shot at CCN, which leads me to ask... why is NYU not on this list? I see Columbia, so you clearly wouldn't mind living in NYC. Unless totally uninterested for some reason, I would add NYU. Why deprive yourself? Just a safety measure really... you never know how apps are going to go. For that matter, why not throw an app at a few of Penn, Mich, UVA, Duke, and NU just to see how much money any of those schools might give you. Couldn't hurt if you are interested.

You have a good chance, but not a guarantee, of a full-ride at WUSTL. And Cornell and Texas should give you a very good amount of money, but I'm not sure how much.

If any school below YHSCCN wait lists you, they are likely wanting to find out if you'd truly go there. Just a thought.

You Gotta Have Faith

Postby You Gotta Have Faith » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Billy Blanks wrote:

Yale
Harvard
Stanford
Chicago
Columbia
Berkeley
Cornell
Texas
WUSTL

Is everyone letting this go? I want an epic flame war, not helpful advice for the totally respectful and seemingly nice OP.

I see it. I just don't care enough to make a stink one way or another. Traditionally, as in several years back, it probably would have been Columbia>Chicago>NYU... but only in a very subtle way (that's just what I gather... I'm open to other interpretations from people who know).

Even so, I know scores of Midwesterners who would pick Chicago over Columbia and NYU. And I've met New Yorkers who would prefer NYU over Columbia. I guess my point is that they are close enough, to most people, that you should go where you want to be.

If you are one who cares a lot about lay prestige, then I think Columbia is the no-brainer. But attorneys are going to know that they are all solid schools.

theadw

Postby theadw » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:09 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:You have a great shot everywhere. Assemble good LORs, write strong essays (I can't overstate how important this is), and enjoy your senior year :)

Fact.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Is the 3.94 LSDAS? If so, congrats. :)

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:48 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:57 am

Yale
Harvard
Stanford
Chicago
Columbia
Berkeley
Cornell
Texas
WUSTL

It's CCN - Columbia > Chicago > NYU.

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:49 pm