3.62 GPA, 169 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
shurelion

3.62 GPA, 169 LSAT

Postby shurelion » Fri May 28, 2010 2:44 pm

My GPA has an upward trend with an exception of two quarters in which I had to deal with personal issues. I also plan on making an addendum regarding these issues, and while they did not cause me to directly lose time on studying, they were both emotionally and physically damaging. I will be graduating at the age of 20, but I sometimes hear that it doesn't matter and can sometimes hurt your application. Extracurricular activities are subpar at best.

I'd like to know my chances for:
Cornell
UCLA
USC
UC Davis
Hastings
Irvine (just because)

I'd prefer to live in CA or possibly NY, but any other suggestions from the T14 would be appreciated.

EDIT: also, I have a chance to retake the LSAT in October. UCLA is my number 1 choice. How much higher do I need to get on my LSAT to make it a speculative "in"?

cubbiesyear

Re: 3.62 GPA, 169 LSAT

Postby cubbiesyear » Fri May 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Last edited by cubbiesyear on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Notor

Postby Notor » Fri May 28, 2010 6:18 pm

shurelion wrote:My GPA has an upward trend with an exception of two quarters in which I had to deal with personal issues. I also plan on making an addendum regarding these issues, and while they did not cause me to directly lose time on studying, they were both emotionally and physically damaging. I will be graduating at the age of 20, but I sometimes hear that it doesn't matter and can sometimes hurt your application. Extracurricular activities are subpar at best.

I'd like to know my chances for:
Cornell
UCLA
USC
UC Davis
Hastings
Irvine (just because)

I'd prefer to live in CA or possibly NY, but any other suggestions from the T14 would be appreciated.

EDIT: also, I have a chance to retake the LSAT in October. UCLA is my number 1 choice. How much higher do I need to get on my LSAT to make it a speculative "in"?

You have a quality shot at any of those schools. You should also apply at all the t14's where 169 is above the median LSAT. If you apply early you will have an excellent shot at a variety of top schools, softs don't really matter unless they are really unique (Iraq/Afghanistan vet, URM status, opened a successful non-profit).

KMaine

Postby KMaine » Fri May 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Same #s as you, got in at Cornell $$, also Duke $ and Michigan. Apply early and I think you will get in everywhere on your list. If you are interested at all in Michigan, apply early and tell a good story in your P.S.

Return to “What are my chances?”