Does this give me any cushion for the lsat score Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Re: Does this give me any cushion for the lsat score

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:44 pm

jt1341 wrote:haha the fact is that it is all self reporting. I have a friend going to Emory (unless she gets off list for UT) and she had a 3.8 161. So i know for a fact there is no "cut off" this thread is useless because the OP has not responded and i dont think they care anymore. All i was getting at it that if he played D1 football at a school recognized for football it would help because they want interesting people like that who stand out (as long as they have numbers as well). So yes i would say 3.9 D1 football, kickass resume, and a 160-162 your doin well for Emory and def Alabama (which is was over ranked anyways)
This is terrible advice. If OP applied with a 160-162, unless he's an urm, his chances at Emory are low.

mb88

Bronze

Post by mb88 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:09 pm

jt1341 wrote:Wow, you are retarded.
I fixed that for you. I guess I should expect a little bit more from somebody planning on going into the law, but then again...you were a football player.
jt1341 wrote:They dont care about you playing football because you are a good football player. They care about it because they can put it into their bullshit diversity statistics.
Oh? That doesn't seem to match up well with your other comments, such as:
jt1341 wrote:(where do you play football is the real question. Are we talking Alabama/Texas, University of Arizona, or crum state university)

If you play for a D1 school that is known...

...if he played D1 football at a school recognized for football it would help...
Surely, if they only wanted to pad their "bullshit diversity statistics", they wouldn't care what schools the athletes came from? Merely that a certain portion of their class is made up of D1 athletes?
jt1341 wrote:And yes it does greatly set you apart from the vast majority of applicants.
So would being Hitler's long lost great-grandson.
jt1341 wrote:So yes it would help you to gain an edge on law school admissions.
I didn't say it wouldn't.
jt1341 wrote:Because obviously he wasnt just sitting in the library studying the whole time he was in undergrad.
The fact that you treat "just sitting in the library studying" with such disdain highlights your insecurity towards those who worked harder than you in school, and your desperate psychological need to convince yourself that your skill at handling balls will somehow convince the adcomms that you're better than those two-eyed pasty nerds and their book smarts.
jt1341 wrote:He had other HUGE time concerns that show he can take on many challenges at once.
Like the triple threats of studying, studying, and studying that he'll be facing in law school?

CX1329

New

Post by CX1329 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:04 pm

This discussion is moot, because the OP already realizes he'll need a good LSAT score.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:42 pm

CX1329 wrote:This discussion is moot, because the OP already realizes he'll need a good LSAT score.
Yeah, but he expects to get it by telling the proctors about his 1337 football skillz. That's the problem.

mb88

Bronze

Post by mb88 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:20 pm

CX1329 wrote:This discussion is moot, because the OP already realizes he'll need a good LSAT score.
Yeah, I know, but it's fun to play with the knuckle-heads.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:32 pm

jt1341 wrote:Wow you are retarded. They dont care about you playing football because you are a good football player. They care about it because they can put it into their bullshit diversity statistics. And yes it does greatly set you apart from the vast majority of applicants.

So yes it would help you to gain an edge on law school admissions. Because obviously he wasnt just sitting in the library studying the whole time he was in undergrad. He had other HUGE time concerns that show he can take on many challenges at once.

"Diversity statistics"?

Please show me where playing football counts as a diversity stat.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”