3.38/171

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
casualty

3.38/171

Postby casualty » Thu May 27, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm applying this fall after six years of being out of school. My work experience is solid, but unexciting. Sadly, my UGPA is probably a little inflated. I went to a large, unaccomplished state school. Likewise, my softs aren't very bankable.

My first choice as a North Carolina resident is UNC. Failing that, I'm wondering what my chances are for:

Duke
NU
Cornell
UT
Vanderbilt
GULC

As money is always a consideration (and I likely won't get any from the above), I'm going to apply to several safeties to see if I get help. Any ideas for those? Geography isn't much of a factor.

edited for clarity
Last edited by casualty on Thu May 27, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArthurEdens

Re: 3.38/171

Postby ArthurEdens » Thu May 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Where do you want to practice? What type of job are you looking for?

You say that you want financial help, but then say that you'll apply to some reaches. That's a non sequitur. Did you mean you want to apply to some safeties?

I would argue that your list is full of reaches already. I'm not saying you won't get in, but you're not an auto-admit.

For safeties/schools that should offer money, here are some recommendations:

Boston
Emory
WUSTL
Illinois
Notre Dame

sluguy14

Postby sluguy14 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:59 pm

First, I think you're probably good to go at UNC; NC residents have a far easier time in admissions than everyone else.

But with that said... I would be applying pretty liberally to some of the higher-ranked schools. Your LSAT is great, your GPA isn't too bad, and you have that work experience. I would add Uva, Michigan, and Penn to your list.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Thu May 27, 2010 2:11 pm

casualty wrote:Duke WL/OUT
NU WL/IN
Cornell IN
UT OUT
Vanderbilt WL/IN
GULC WL/IN

Also worth a shot: UVA, Michigan, Penn

UNC is basically a safety. The other safeties you choose should be dictated by where you want to practice, since they'll be regional schools.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Thu May 27, 2010 2:13 pm

IN at UVA ED.

Return to “What are my chances?”