T20 Chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
beef wellington

Re: T20 Chances

Postby beef wellington » Sun May 23, 2010 9:18 pm

bk1 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I could be wrong, but I seem to recall the language of the NW ED contract forbidding anyone from EDing elsewhere if rejected from NW, or from applying ED to NW if they had already been rejected ED elsewhere. I just saw this in a thread a few days ago. Maybe DF can shed some light?

This is the wording of the NU ED contract. I contacted the adcomms to clarify and they verified this.

What a bunch of fascists.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:26 pm

beef wellington wrote:
bk1 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I could be wrong, but I seem to recall the language of the NW ED contract forbidding anyone from EDing elsewhere if rejected from NW, or from applying ED to NW if they had already been rejected ED elsewhere. I just saw this in a thread a few days ago. Maybe DF can shed some light?

This is the wording of the NU ED contract. I contacted the adcomms to clarify and they verified this.

What a bunch of fascists.

Agreed, especially considering they are the only ones. But, what can you do. :|

savagecheater

Postby savagecheater » Sun May 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Ironically, American will waitlist you. I'm dead serious when I say that your LSAT is too high for them and they will YP you.

Look at LSN if you don't believe me.

If I were you, I'd pick NU or UVA, figure out which one you liked more, and ED them.

kdw94780

Postby kdw94780 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:01 am

savagecheater wrote:Ironically, American will waitlist you. I'm dead serious when I say that your LSAT is too high for them and they will YP you.

If I were you, I'd pick NU or UVA, figure out which one you liked more, and ED them.

I didn't bother applying to American, so I was unaware of their LSN stats. I'm shocked that it seems clear that they indeed do this. It's like they're admitting that highly-qualified students would not be interested in or satisfied at their school. What a completely counterproductive way to game the rankings.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Mon May 24, 2010 1:10 am

kdw94780 wrote:
savagecheater wrote:Ironically, American will waitlist you. I'm dead serious when I say that your LSAT is too high for them and they will YP you.

I didn't bother applying to American, so I was unaware of their LSN stats. I'm shocked that it seems clear that they indeed do this. It's like they're admitting that highly-qualified students would not be interested in or satisfied at their school. What a completely counterproductive way to game the rankings.

The people who are YP'ed will get in with $$$ if they just send a LOCI. It's just a way for schools to gauge which of their applicants are actually interested. Most of the people who get YP'ed are applying to American as a safety, so the odds are pretty decent that they'll end up going somewhere else. Adding in the formality of a LOCI helps American weed out the applicants that aren't going to attend anyway.

kdw94780

Postby kdw94780 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:48 pm

beef wellington wrote:
kdw94780 wrote:

The people who are YP'ed will get in with $$$ if they just send a LOCI. It's just a way for schools to gauge which of their applicants are actually interested. Most of the people who get YP'ed are applying to American as a safety, so the odds are pretty decent that they'll end up going somewhere else. Adding in the formality of a LOCI helps American weed out the applicants that aren't going to attend anyway.

What happened to trying to give the best applicants reasons to attend your school. It seems American has thrown in the towel.

Return to “What are my chances?”