3.5gpa 172 lsat chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
theblackhand

New

3.5gpa 172 lsat chances?

Post by theblackhand » Wed May 19, 2010 10:33 pm

I have a 3.5 gpa / 172 lsat. I am a double major, both biomedical sciences and chemistry. I was wondering what my chances would be in getting into GW law. Also, are there any t-14 programs that may accept me? Does the double major in the hard sciences help? Also, if accepted I will only be 20 years old; I am Asian-Indian as well. I have worked part time as a tutor throughout college and am in a student organization. I just want to know what schools I have a shot at. Thanks.

oneforship

Silver

Re: 3.5gpa 172 lsat chances?

Post by oneforship » Wed May 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Most likely yes at GW.

If I were you, I'd apply from Columbia on down, skipping Boalt and NU (no work experience).

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Is your GPA school an American school? If so you could probably get into just about anything, even YHS with a good PS/URM. On the other hand you have a great background, why waste it on law when you could go into the medical field?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Wed May 19, 2010 10:37 pm

lostjake wrote:Is your GPA school an American school? If so you could probably get into just about anything, even YHS with a good PS/URM. On the other hand you have a great background, why waste it on law when you could go into the medical field?
Asian-Indian is not URM.

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 19, 2010 10:38 pm

If you were and Adcomm and ALL other things considered, would you invite an asian/indian URM or a white dood?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 19, 2010 10:39 pm

PS, if I was an indian I would put down african american, who is going to call you out on it?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Wed May 19, 2010 10:40 pm

lostjake wrote:If you were and Adcomm and ALL other things considered, would you invite an asian/indian URM or a white dood?
You can't invite an Asian-Indian URM, because Asian-Indian is not considered URM.

theblackhand

New

Post by theblackhand » Wed May 19, 2010 10:41 pm

I attend school in Texas and I believe Asian-Indians are not considered URM status. I started out pre-med but now I am sick of all the science. I like IP law and wouldn't mind living in NY or DC. I wish I could mark African American but I doubt It'd work.

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 19, 2010 10:42 pm

ATTN: all asian/indian peoples, you are here by not invited to go to law school. Please enjoy the rest of your lives.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Wed May 19, 2010 10:43 pm

lostjake wrote:ATTN: all asian/indian peoples, you are here by not invited to go to law school. Please enjoy the rest of your lives.
OP, ignore everything this poster has said in this thread. He clearly has some reading comprehension problems, and tends to make fallacious logical leaps.

theblackhand

New

Post by theblackhand » Wed May 19, 2010 10:43 pm

What is your problem?

theblackhand

New

Post by theblackhand » Wed May 19, 2010 10:45 pm

So you think I have a shot at Cornell or Columbia?

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 19, 2010 10:46 pm

theblackhand wrote:I attend school in Texas and I believe Asian-Indians are not considered URM status. I started out pre-med but now I am sick of all the science. I like IP law and wouldn't mind living in NY or DC. I wish I could mark African American but I doubt It'd work.
I'm going to skip out on the URM subject, but seriously, stick your nose to the grind stone, HARD, get into med school and hopefully become a gyno/derma and forget about going into law school. Your background will not get you into IP (you'll need a PhD for bio) and you'll make less money and generally be less happy in life. School is school. I loved everything about college except the learning. Just tough it out and profit. Don't bring yourself down to the level of a lawyer when you could be a MD.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Wed May 19, 2010 10:46 pm

theblackhand wrote:So you think I have a shot at Cornell or Columbia?
Yes to Cornell. I think Columbia is a long shot, if it's a school you really want to attend you should consider ED. Same for NYU.

Check out http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com and plug in your numbers to get a little bit better idea of your chances.

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Sorry if I didn't know what the word invite meant.

kaydish21

Bronze

Post by kaydish21 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 pm

This thread is just full of nonsense.

If you want to go to law school, then go to law school. You have the grades and LSAT to probably get a good amount of money at GW and I bet you are in at Cornell, maybe Georgetown too. On the URM front, you won't get a huge boost, but I believe you would get some as there are not many Indians going to law school and if you highlight this in a diversity statement you will do ok.

I bet you are in at Cornell and if you do early decision you have a good shot at Michigan/Penn on down. CCN is a stretch, but people with worse numbers have gotten in.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 pm

lostjake wrote:
theblackhand wrote:I attend school in Texas and I believe Asian-Indians are not considered URM status. I started out pre-med but now I am sick of all the science. I like IP law and wouldn't mind living in NY or DC. I wish I could mark African American but I doubt It'd work.
I'm going to skip out on the URM subject, but seriously, stick your nose to the grind stone, HARD, get into med school and hopefully become a gyno/derma and forget about going into law school. [strike]Your background will not get you into IP (you'll need a PhD for bio)[/strike] and you'll make less money and generally be less happy in life. School is school. I loved everything about college except the learning. Just tough it out and profit. Don't bring yourself down to the level of a lawyer when you could be a MD.
IP is not limited to patent law, so a science degree is not necessary.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gochrisgo

Bronze

Post by gochrisgo » Wed May 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Last edited by gochrisgo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
lostjake wrote:
I'm going to skip out on the URM subject, but seriously, stick your nose to the grind stone, HARD, get into med school and hopefully become a gyno/derma and forget about going into law school. [strike]Your background will not get you into IP (you'll need a PhD for bio)[/strike] and you'll make less money and generally be less happy in life. School is school. I loved everything about college except the learning. Just tough it out and profit. Don't bring yourself down to the level of a lawyer when you could be a MD.
1. ????
2. you post
3. I laugh at you for not knowing what you're talking about.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed May 19, 2010 11:12 pm

lostjake wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
lostjake wrote:
1. ????
2. you post
3. I laugh at you for not knowing what you're talking about.
Copyright law.

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Copyright law.

Is not IP. If you can load a JPEG to the USPTO, congratz, you're a copyright lawyer. Also, if you can sign your name you have a copywrite on whatever you're writing. When people talk about IP in these forums they're talking about IP, which means patents. Do you think the OP meant that he was going to go into copyright law?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed May 19, 2010 11:20 pm

lostjake wrote:Copyright law.

Is not IP. If you can load a JPEG to the USPTO, congratz, you're a copyright lawyer. Also, if you can sign your name you have a copywrite on whatever you're writing. When people talk about IP in these forums they're talking about IP, which means patents. Do you think the OP meant that he was going to go into copyright law?
You are backpedaling. Copyright law is a category of intellectual property (IP) law. Even a cursory Google search would have revealed that to you. The OP did not specify the type of IP law he was interested in. Therefore, your assertion that OP would need a PhD in biology to do IP law was incorrect.

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Wed May 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Yeah. He said hard sciences. I'm pretty sure he wanted to copyright your book about dragons. If you don't know about a subject don't post.

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:06 am

Long time lurker here, sorry in advance for not adding anything to this thread OP, but "lostjake" you are a character. I mean I've seen some pretty crazy threads/comments on here but I think you just took the lead in my book :shock:

merichard87

Silver

Post by merichard87 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:55 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
lostjake wrote:Copyright law.

You are backpedaling. Copyright law is a category of intellectual property (IP) law. Even a cursory Google search would have revealed that to you. The OP did not specify the type of IP law he was interested in. Therefore, your assertion that OP would need a PhD in biology to do IP law was incorrect.
Sorry Bildungsroman but I must take lostjake's side on this one. It was obvious the OP was probably leaning toward patent law.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”