Buffalo 153LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ajacques

Buffalo 153LSAT

Postby ajacques » Tue May 18, 2010 3:37 pm

I'm currently going to Barry here in orlando and want to transfer in the spring to UB. My UGPA was 3.2 and my Lsat was 153. However since i'm working full time and going to school my gpa at barry is around 2.5. What are my chances of getting accepted to UB?

FuManChusco

Re: Buffalo 153LSAT

Postby FuManChusco » Tue May 18, 2010 7:04 pm

gpa doesn't matter. ugpa and lsat definitely don't matter. all that matters is your class rank after 1L. transfer odds are always unpredictable though.

ajacques

Postby ajacques » Wed May 19, 2010 9:46 am

Damn. Its really frustrating becuase I work full time and this semester I had 4 classes and ended up with a D in one class. I don't think my class ranking is going to be great. Do you think the school takes into account mitigating circumstances such as full time employment?

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Wed May 19, 2010 11:18 am

No. Its law school not undergrad. You need to be responsible. You shouldn't be working full time if you can't handle the workload. Not trying to be harsh but I doubt you'll be able to transfer.

ajacques

Postby ajacques » Wed May 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Unfortunatly not working fulltime is not an option as I don't have any one paying my rent or other living expenses. Also I'm trying to save back money in order to move to buffalo. Its a damn if you do damn if you don't situation. If I didn't work and just took out loans out the arse then I wouldn't have the money to move to go to the school I really want to go to.

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Wed May 19, 2010 5:02 pm

Don't take this the wrong way, but you should've retaken the LSAT before committing to Barry. Just a couple more points and you would have been attending UB in the first place.

But since that is now not an option, I'd seriously recommend dropping out IF you don't have to pay any other years of tuition. Graduating with a 2.5 from Barry Law (or really anything not top 15%) is going to be really bad and you are going to be deep in debt. Leverage your connections in Buffalo to get another job or just keep working the one you have. It will be better than any legal job out of Barry with a low class rank. Good luck.

ajacques

Postby ajacques » Wed May 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Wow seriously? Think about what you just said. Drop out of lawschool becuase of D in one class. Really? There are plenty of atty's who did not graduate at the top of their class are are living perfectly financially stable lives. I'm not looking to go to harvard and then work at a huge lawfirm.

The range of lsat scores for buffalo addmission is 153-159 I wouldn't have had to retake the lsat to get in first year. But that doesn't matter because I didn't have the money to move last year. Hense working to save up for the move to transfer. I made the best of the cards I was delt with and worked my ass off to get just to the position i'm in now. I seem to be getting more judgemental remarks here than are necessiary. Prefrencing something with "don't take this the wrong way but.." doesn't make what your about to say any less douchy. BTW, I didn't say I was graduating with a 2.5. Thats what I have after the first year.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:37 pm

ajacques wrote:Wow seriously? Think about what you just said. Drop out of lawschool becuase of D in one class. Really? There are plenty of atty's who did not graduate at the top of their class are are living perfectly financially stable lives. I'm not looking to go to harvard and then work at a huge lawfirm.

The range of lsat scores for buffalo addmission is 153-159 I wouldn't have had to retake the lsat to get in first year. But that doesn't matter because I didn't have the money to move last year. Hense working to save up for the move to transfer. I made the best of the cards I was delt with and worked my ass off to get just to the position i'm in now. I seem to be getting more judgemental remarks here than are necessiary. Prefrencing something with "don't take this the wrong way but.." doesn't make what your about to say any less douchy. BTW, I didn't say I was graduating with a 2.5. Thats what I have after the first year.

They are honestly attempting to give you sound financial advice. Your job prospects are slim to none and your graduating GPA isn't going to matter because your 1L grades pack the largest punch. They are saying that because you will be unlikely to get a JD required job, and even if you get one it probably will not pay that much, that all you are doing at this point is piling on more debt without getting any financial value from it.

sanpiero

Postby sanpiero » Wed May 19, 2010 9:00 pm

Since UB only takes about 30 transfers a year and many of those who transfer are probably students around the T1/3 at a T3 or T20% at a T4, i'd say your chances are close to zero. ik of one transfer to ub. he came from a T4 and had strong grades. you might have a better chance of transferring into syracuse or albany. i'd look into those two.

Azmatt

Postby Azmatt » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:01 pm

ajacques wrote:Wow seriously? Think about what you just said. Drop out of lawschool becuase of D in one class. Really? There are plenty of atty's who did not graduate at the top of their class are are living perfectly financially stable lives. I'm not looking to go to harvard and then work at a huge lawfirm.

I felt kind of bad for you until this monster-fail of a response post. You might find it "necessiary" to toughen the hell up. You're obviously going to need to work on your reading comp because these guys were being rather polite. Much nicer than I'd have expected considering your foolish decision to jump into law school without really planning it out.

You've made the best of the cards you've been dealt? Really?

:roll:

With that attitude, its surprising that you're at Barry and struggling....

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:14 pm

Azmatt wrote:

I felt kind of bad for you until this monster-fail of a response post. You might find it "necessiary" to toughen the hell up. You're obviously going to need to work on your reading comp because these guys were being rather polite. Much nicer than I'd have expected considering your foolish decision to jump into law school without really planning it out.

You've made the best of the cards you've been dealt? Really?

:roll:

With that attitude, its surprising that you're at Barry and struggling....

TITCR

Yeah, all due respect, after I took the LSAT my parents were really proud of me and my score. The only thing is that they didn't know anything about law schools in general. They thought that all lawyers were rich but they meant well. I think Barry University was the first school to send me anything and they called me at school all excited to tell me. As package after package came rolling in they forgot about Barry University. But when I went home during a break, I looked through my stack of mail and read their envelope. I didn't think it was real...as in I thought it was a scam. Their LSAT range was like 148-152/ 2.6-?.

You seem like a hard worker. I think that you should drop out now and cut your losses. No employer is going to take a degree from Barry seriously. It doesn't even carry lay prestige. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Return to “What are my chances?”