UCLA Grad/MA from LSE/ 167/3.58 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
uclagirl388

New

UCLA Grad/MA from LSE/ 167/3.58

Post by uclagirl388 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Hey,
I'm graduating from UCLA with a LSDAS GPA of 3.58 with an English major/Women Studies minor. My GPA was destroyed by premed classes I took my first two years and I had to deal with serious family problems my second year. However, my GPA has continually increased and I completed departmental honors. (I have a 3.85 GPA in my major, although that doesn't matter, lol... other things I've done that don't really matter but might show up in app: ton of leadership positions and working full-time to pay for college.)

I have been scoring about 167 on my practice LSAT exams (taking it in June) and am completing a one year Masters program at London School of Economics.

Planning on applying for Fall 2011.

What kind of top schools can I look at? Or do I have a reasonable chance at?

Any advice or help would be great!
Thans

Hopefullawstudent

Bronze

Re: UCLA Grad/MA from LSE/ 167/3.58

Post by Hopefullawstudent » Tue May 18, 2010 10:58 pm

uclagirl388 wrote:Hey,
I'm graduating from UCLA with a LSDAS GPA of 3.58 with an English major/Women Studies minor. My GPA was destroyed by premed classes I took my first two years and I had to deal with serious family problems my second year. However, my GPA has continually increased and I completed departmental honors. (I have a 3.85 GPA in my major, although that doesn't matter, lol... other things I've done that don't really matter but might show up in app: ton of leadership positions and working full-time to pay for college.)

I have been scoring about 167 on my practice LSAT exams (taking it in June) and am completing a one year Masters program at London School of Economics.

Planning on applying for Fall 2011.

What kind of top schools can I look at? Or do I have a reasonable chance at?

Any advice or help would be great!
Thans
Unfortunately the major GPA is not the only thing that doesn't matter much.. The Master's degree, your UG institution, and your extracurriculars don't matter much for admissions purposes either. I used to fight back on this assertion, but alas, I've followed this admissions cycle closely and I can say with high confidence that 99% of what matters is your LSDAS GPA and LSAT.

So, with a 3.58 and a 167, you should be looking at USC as a reach, and you have a decent shot at Minnesota, BU, and GWU.

Good luck!

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Tue May 18, 2010 11:04 pm

I ha
Last edited by daesonesb on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue May 18, 2010 11:34 pm

With a 167, the only T14 which will likely take you is Cornell.
I think you'll also have a tough time getting into UCLA and Vanderbilt but you should be in everywhere else!

公诉人

New

Post by 公诉人 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 am

what program?

I am under the impression that certain programs at LSE can be more difficult to get into than yls

its not the MsC in Mathematical economics is it?

If so that would definitely be an excellent soft, in that case why are you going to law school?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed May 19, 2010 5:38 am

Your thread should read "3.58/~167" because that's what you'll be treated as. You should get into some T20-30 schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”