2.9/165 (retake in June)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
engsplitter

2.9/165 (retake in June)

Postby engsplitter » Fri May 14, 2010 5:19 pm

hello
i've been lurking for some time
and i decided to post this since my LSAT retake time's coming up
my gpa's 2.9
major's in engineering from Harvey Mudd College (somewhat unknown, but within engineering community, has a pretty good reputation)
i took LSAT in december and got 165
i am planning on retaking june
i have 1.5 years of work experience in engineering company

based on what i've been reading, if i can break 170 in my 2nd LSAT (ive been practicing well above that so hopefully my nerves won't mess me up), i should be ED'ing Northwestern

my questions is that if i don't make it to 170, fall in the 166-169 region, what are my chances in
WUSTL and Emory?
what are some other places i should look into? I am fairly flexible, location wise, as long as i can get a well paying job in a urban metro city

thank you

merichard87

Re: 2.9/165 (retake in June)

Postby merichard87 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:56 pm

WUSTL is pretty splitter friendly and seem to be very scholarship-friendly. Not sure about Emory but its worth an application. Also look at SMU in Dallas maybe and IU-B. Good luck fellow engineer!

P.S. Do your best to break 170

prelaw10

Re: 2.9/165 (retake in June)

Postby prelaw10 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:51 am

my questions is that if i don't make it to 170, fall in the 166-169 region, what are my chances in
WUSTL and Emory? if I recall correctly, 167 was the magic LSAT number for getting into WUSTL this past cycle. You can easily check up on this by looking at lawschoolnumbers.com. If ever a 2.9 is defended, it would be for an engineering degree at harvey mudd. High 160s, solid LOR, decent EC activities, and EARLY application should get you into WUSTL. Seriously, apply as early as possible.

what are some other places i should look into? I am fairly flexible, location wise, as long as i can get a well paying job in a urban metro city. BC and BU? Did you look into the UCs? Berkeley is probably, though not definitely, out of your reach -- but you might be interested in UCLA and UCS?

thank you[/quote]

Return to “What are my chances?”