kind of a complicated case

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
gcb10
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 6:07 am

kind of a complicated case

Postby gcb10 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:20 am

I went to JC did kind of poorly got a 3.5. I transferred to Berkeley and I did a lot better, I was really fueled by the competitiveness of other students. I ended up with a 3.8 gpa at berkeley. I took the LSAT completely cold, never even looked at a practice test and scored a 165. I never really intended to go to Law school and the only reason I took the LSAT was because of a bet. I figure if I actually prepare, I could probably do a lot better on the next test. Another thing is that I played a varsity sport for 3 years and I earned All-American honors. Im not sure that makes a difference on my admissions (eventhough I could have gotten much better grades if I didn't have to go to practice 40 hours a week). Anyways, my question is: what kind of law school could I get into if I got my LSAT to around 170.

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: kind of a complicated case

Postby Rand M. » Mon May 10, 2010 6:23 am

gcb10 wrote:I went to JC did kind of poorly got a 3.5. I transferred to Berkeley and I did a lot better, I was really fueled by the competitiveness of other students. I ended up with a 3.8 gpa at berkeley. I took the LSAT completely cold, never even looked at a practice test and scored a 165. I never really intended to go to Law school and the only reason I took the LSAT was because of a bet. I figure if I actually prepare, I could probably do a lot better on the next test. Another thing is that I played a varsity sport for 3 years and I earned All-American honors. Im not sure that makes a difference on my admissions (eventhough I could have gotten much better grades if I didn't have to go to practice 40 hours a week). Anyways, my question is: what kind of law school could I get into if I got my LSAT to around 170.


1. This is not complicated.
2. LSAC is going to throw all of your college credits into a formula to produce a new GPA for you--without that, its hard to know exactly how good of a position you are in.
3. Get an LSAT score and come back. People don't really like to play this game.

Good luck!

User avatar
lostjake
Posts: 320
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: kind of a complicated case

Postby lostjake » Mon May 10, 2010 7:54 am

bad flame, try harder next time :(

gcb10
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 6:07 am

Re: kind of a complicated case

Postby gcb10 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:13 pm

I have an LSAT score, It's 165. I sat for the actual test.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: kind of a complicated case

Postby romothesavior » Tue May 11, 2010 3:15 pm

gcb10 wrote:I have an LSAT score, It's 165. I sat for the actual test.


What is your LSDAS GPA? And I know this may be a radical thought around these parts, but I'm inclined to think D1 athletics is a pretty good soft. Clearly it is a big time drain, and it is also something that very few people have on their resumes. But again, what is your LSDAS GPA? That is an essential factor if people are going to give you any meaningful advice here.

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: kind of a complicated case

Postby bceagles182 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:17 pm

You know that score will stick to your record for the next several years, right? It wasn't the brightest thing to sit for the actual test cold if you had any inclination that you may ever use the score. You should easily be over 170 (probably higher) if you're starting at a 165.
Last edited by bceagles182 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jayn3
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: kind of a complicated case

Postby jayn3 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:17 pm

romothesavior wrote:
gcb10 wrote:I have an LSAT score, It's 165. I sat for the actual test.


What is your LSDAS GPA? And I know this may be a radical thought around these parts, but I'm inclined to think D1 athletics is a pretty good soft. Clearly it is a big time drain, and it is also something that very few people have on their resumes. But again, what is your LSDAS GPA? That is an essential factor if people are going to give you any meaningful advice here.


i thought it would be a good soft, but i did slightly worse than LSP said i would.....




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LarryFlint and 1 guest