2.82 / 177 PLSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
GirlInTx

Re: 2.82 / 177 PLSAT

Postby GirlInTx » Fri May 07, 2010 11:13 am

Desert Fox wrote:If OP gets rejected, or WL'd at Notre Dame, it won't be because of yield protection. Notre Dame doesn't like people very low GPAs. I'm 176/2.8 and I didn't even bother applying even though I had a fee waver.

OP do you have work experience?

Hardly. I have about 2 years of PT while I was in school and one summer FT. All graphic design and software development gigs.

Postby 09042014 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:20 am

GirlInTx wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:If OP gets rejected, or WL'd at Notre Dame, it won't be because of yield protection. Notre Dame doesn't like people very low GPAs. I'm 176/2.8 and I didn't even bother applying even though I had a fee waver.

Hardly. I have about 2 years of PT while I was in school and one summer FT. All graphic design and software development gigs.

Here is what I'd do. Apply ED at UVA as soon as the application is released. You will probably get WL'd. Then do the Waterman maneuver, and apply ED to the GULC PT program.

You can probably get a 1/3 scholarship to Minn, Illinois and WUSTL.

GirlInTx

Postby GirlInTx » Fri May 07, 2010 11:24 am

Desert Fox wrote:
GirlInTx wrote:

Here is what I'd do. Apply ED at UVA as soon as the application is released. You will probably get WL'd. Then do the Waterman maneuver, and apply ED to the GULC PT program.

UVA is probably the one T14 that I genuinely have no interest in. Do you think I'd get WL'd at GULC if I applied FT?

Postby 09042014 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:26 am

GirlInTx wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
GirlInTx wrote:

UVA is probably the one T14 that I genuinely have no interest in. Do you think I'd get WL'd at GULC if I applied FT?

Probably.

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri May 07, 2010 12:28 pm

GirlInTx wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
GirlInTx wrote:

I think if you score a 177 on the LSAT, you can get into GULC ED FT.
You'd probably be waitlisted if you didn't apply ED.

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri May 07, 2010 12:40 pm

On another note, if Notre Dame is your dream school. You should really reflect that in a "Why Notre Dame?" essay.
This year, Notre Dame accepted a 169/3 and a 167/2.98.. so it's not that Notre Dame isn't low GPA unfriendly.
You should somehow make it clear that if you were accepted, you'd attend.

Also another school you might want to take a look at is Penn.
Penn seems to like really high LSAT applicants who apply early, while Penn waitlisted a 2.98/171, Penn accepted a 2.9/176.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Mon May 10, 2010 11:38 am

come back when you actually have a 177-178.

Return to “What are my chances?”