state school- 2.9 gpa/160 lsat

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sfgiantsfan

state school- 2.9 gpa/160 lsat

Postby sfgiantsfan » Tue May 04, 2010 6:21 pm

female,white,gay,former division 1 athelete, 2.9 from state school, 160 lsat

i want to go to university of san francisco or mcgeorge-- do i stand a chance?

MentalGopher

Re: state school- 2.9 gpa/160 lsat

Postby MentalGopher » Wed May 05, 2010 4:55 am

Probably yes to McGeorge. You'll get a negligible amount of scholarship money, most likely, but you have okay softs.

USF is likely, although probably not as likely as McGeorge.

There are some law school predictors that might give you a better idea.

sfgiantsfan

Postby sfgiantsfan » Wed May 05, 2010 11:19 am

Interesting you say better chances at McGeorge over USF... all the law school predictors I have used favor me at USF over McGeorge... I'd love either!

MentalGopher

Postby MentalGopher » Wed May 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Which site did you use? I put it in on hourumd.com and got an 83.33% for McGeorge and 40% for USF. Also looked at Top 174 Law Schools from Princeton Review. You're in the range (LSAT-wise) for both of them, but you're at the high end for McGeorge and toward the middle for USF. The average GPA is about the same, although McGeorge is a little bit higher. You

Those numbers would put you in 'Consider' range for USF and for McGeorge on lawschoolpredictor.com, but your have fewer people who did worse or comparable at USF (41%) than you do at McGeorge (44%). I doubt that's statistically significant, but it seems like it'd be something to consider.

The only thing I could think of is that you put in that you're a URM when you calculated. (I did not, since you said you're white on here.)

Return to “What are my chances?”