Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mbw

Re: 3.73/155 URM and Non Trad needs school suggestions

Postby mbw » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:09 pm

kalvano wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:No, I just addressed the OP's concerns based on her original post.

I live but was hoping to get suggestions of other schools that might fit my stats. I'd consider moving if it meant a better education and job prospects after school.

Bravo! And with that, I'll retire... I have one more day of 1L ahead of me... [deleted]
Last edited by mbw on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

firebreathingliberal

Postby firebreathingliberal » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Nightrunner wrote:Dear Canadian Wolf,

I would love to punch your teeth out.

Love,

NR

lol

CatsPajamas

Postby CatsPajamas » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Holy cow! I never expected my simple post would attract such attention and generate so much drama. It certainly has been interesting to read. Thank you to those who offered advice, and thank you mbw for sharing your story. I'm very happy to read about your successes.

CanadianWolf wrote:What if the OP takes the LSAT & gets a 154 or a 158? Of course, you'll advise her to study harder & take it again. What if that occurs & the OP gets a similiar or lower score? Have you helped her? Or have you made her feel like a failure?

Canadian Wolf: Thank you for considering my feelings; however, nobody can make me feel like a failure. I simply do not allow anyone to hold that kind of power over me.

firebreathingliberal

Postby firebreathingliberal » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 pm

CatsPajamas wrote:Canadian Wolf: Thank you for considering my feelings; however, nobody can make me feel like a failure. I simply do not allow anyone to hold that kind of power over me.

This.

BLAKE_REMKUS

Postby BLAKE_REMKUS » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:11 am

I would be happy be accepted to all of those schools. Any tips or guidance?
mbw wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Practice tests are as valuable as a teacher recommendation for a home schooled student.
After rereading your original post, I would just like to reaffirm my earlier post. Please don't be swayed by the hostility of some posters, but there is more in your original post than some may be considering.
You really need an actual LSAT score as many students do much better self testing than on the real exam. Also American University has full scholarships available that may be of interest to you.

I'm not knocking American (I applied and was accepted myself,) however, with the OP's GPA, as long as she improves even a few points above her base score, I suspect she'll be accepted to higher ranked schools, with funding. Plus, if the OP gets into American, it's most likely she'll get into Hastings, Davis, and/or Irvine and thus wouldn't have to move away from CA.

OP, thinking a little more on the subject, I would only consider leaving California if you didn't get into UCB, UCLA and Stanford, but got into another national school (T14). But I wouldn't turn down one of the mid-ranked UCs for a similarly ranked school outside of CA (unless you're really looking for a change.)

mbw

Postby mbw » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 am

CatsPajamas wrote:Holy cow! I never expected my simple post would attract such attention and generate so much drama. It certainly has been interesting to read. Thank you to those who offered advice, and thank you mbw for sharing your story. I'm very happy to read about your successes.

Sorry about that, CP... clearly I was a little loopy after 12 hours of exam studying... If you don't mind, I'll go back and do a little post-brawl editing. :oops: But, as I said, please feel free to PM me (I think you have to post a few more times to get the ability to PM on TLS...)

shock259

Postby shock259 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:37 am

Good luck OP! You have a lot of great softs and I think you will have a wonderful cycle.

Return to “What are my chances?”