What's the minimum LSAT I'd need?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
im_blue

Re: What's the minimum LSAT I'd need?

Postby im_blue » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:05 am

You would need a 170+ (preferably a 171-172) to have a nonzero chance at a few splitter-friendly T14s (UVA, NU, maybe GULC).

If you want T6, your only chance is to attend a T14-25 school, get a top 5-10% class rank, and transfer up.
Last edited by im_blue on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:16 am

gochrisgo wrote:
$1.99 wrote:so you guys are saying he still has a chance at harvard and yale?

I heard Jesus had a sub 3.0 and still got into Yale. WL'd at Harvard though. That was with a 177 (174 the first time).

Heard his dad pulled some strings for him though :evil:

MentalGopher

Postby MentalGopher » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:21 am

BeaverDam wrote:2.9 GPA/Econ major
I have one more year of college to bring my GPA up but if I can get into a good law school (being any of the schools on my list) out of undergrad, I'd go there.
What's the minimum LSAT I'd need to have a chance at any of these schools? I'm taking the LSAT this June.

Yale
Harvard
Stanford
Chicago
Columbia
NYU
UC-Berkeley
Michigan
UVA
Penn
Duke
Northwestern
Cornell
Georgetown
UCLA
UT-Austin
Minnesota

For GUARANTEED ACCEPTANCE:

Yale- 1800 with URM, second coming of Christ, giving over your first-born child, and Hell freezing over
Harvard- Subtract first-born child from Yale.
Stanford- Harvard plus donating your kidney to the dean
Chicago- Stanford plus a heavy bribe
Columbia- Yale with New Yorkers.
NYU- Like Columbia, only not.
UC-Berkeley- Depends on whether you're a capitalist who eats red meat and/or votes Republican....
Michigan- I'd say a 180, your first-born, and a kidney would do
UVA- Get a 180 and bring up your GPA to about a 3.2 minimum
Penn- See UVA
Duke- If you get a 177 and harvest part of your lung, I don't see why not.
Northwestern- UVA, but with more work experience.
Cornell- 175, bring up GPA to a 3.4, and a crisp Benjamin ought to do it.
Georgetown- I'd say a 175 just to be safe.
UCLA- Duke minus the lung plus a letter of recommendation from Alan Shore.
UT-Austin- UCLA, except replace the Alan Shore with Melvin Palmer.
Minnesota- Probably your most doable, frankly, aside from Georgetown's night school. I'd say a 172 would be a safe bet for you.

Consider where your undergrad is from and the likelihood of getting your GPA to around a 3.3ish first, though. Also, are you an URM with work experience. Elaborate, please.

Finally, what kind of law do you want to specialize in? If you're doing something like International Law, I could totally understand your desire for a T-20ish school. But if you want to go into something like Healthcare Law (the best schools for this and some other specialties tend to be in the middle to lower third of USNWR's Top 100) or if you're going to practice in a particular area, it might not necessarily be worth all the money and time you'd spend getting your grades and LSAT score up to par. Pretty much all the schools above are going to leave you with at least $80K in debt on average, if you're lucky. Is that something that you can handle?

Yeah, I know I might seem really condescending with the needed scores. But before you write me off as being a total dipshit, I do wish you the best of luck with getting into all of those schools. (If I have my way, I may see you in a year or so if you go to Minnesota.) Work really, really hard for the next year in undergrad and you could conceivably get into a few of those schools.

BeaverDam

Postby BeaverDam » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Wow! From looking at LSN and reading this thread, I'm really going to have to try to shoot for a 180.
I've been scoring around 172-ish on practice tests.
On the other hand, I really like Minnesota and would be happy to go there for law school.

mhernton

Postby mhernton » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Dude, I'm the miracle of this cycle, 2.2UGPA and 155LSAT. I got into a T30. I had every soft known to man. over 10years if work experience, combat vet, MBA, URM and a bunch of other things. My suggestion to you is to put off Law school because because you don't have anything that will set you apart from other applications in a positive way. You need work experience and something dynamic on your resume for them to give a shot. The further away from UG the more the adcoms can ignore your GPA. With you being straight out of school it will have serious weight. Don't take my advice for it. There is a law school somewhere near you, go in a talk with a staff member about the process. This is all free advice, and you get what you pay for....Good Luck

blueshirt

Postby blueshirt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:28 pm

I know of somone who had a 2.9 and a 178. They were accepted to UPenn.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:23 pm

mhernton wrote:Dude, I'm the miracle of this cycle, 2.2UGPA and 155LSAT. I got into a T30. I had every soft known to man. over 10years if work experience, combat vet, MBA, URM and a bunch of other things. My suggestion to you is to put off Law school because because you don't have anything that will set you apart from other applications in a positive way. You need work experience and something dynamic on your resume for them to give a shot. The further away from UG the more the adcoms can ignore your GPA. With you being straight out of school it will have serious weight. Don't take my advice for it. There is a law school somewhere near you, go in a talk with a staff member about the process. This is all free advice, and you get what you pay for....Good Luck

Clever troll where you seem to give heartfelt advice and then subtle tell the person at the end that it actually is bad advice?

In either case, telling someone to become URM and combat vet because they are good softs = :lol:

Return to “What are my chances?”