Oxford Masters

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
berkeleygirl21

Oxford Masters

Postby berkeleygirl21 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:22 pm

I have an LSAC 3.6 undergrad GPA from Berkeley. In addition, I'm planning on attending Oxford in the fall to do a masters in Women studies, focusing on the history of female reproductive rights.

Will the Masters help me out, and what LSAT do I need to get to be competitive for the top 5 schools?

Mr. Matlock

Re: Oxford Masters

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:33 pm

berkeleygirl21 wrote:I have an LSAC 3.6 undergrad GPA from Berkeley. In addition, I'm planning on attending Oxford in the fall to do a masters in Women studies, focusing on the history of female reproductive rights.

Will the Masters help me out, and what LSAT do I need to get to be competitive for the top 5 schools?

Protip: DON'T DOUBLE POST

For the hell of it, Masters are not considered. Grades are highly inflated. For T-5, aim for a 174.

That is all. allrightythenokthanxbye

nightlight

Postby nightlight » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
berkeleygirl21 wrote:I have an LSAC 3.6 undergrad GPA from Berkeley. In addition, I'm planning on attending Oxford in the fall to do a masters in Women studies, focusing on the history of female reproductive rights.

For the hell of it, Masters are not considered. Grades are highly inflated. For T-5, aim for a 174.

+1

The only time a masters will help is if, when applying for jobs, you can somehow tie it in to a specialty of law. In your case, a very narrow specialty.

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:

Wrong on your first point. Masters are considered. However, they're a soft, and not a huge one at that. They are nowhere NEAR as important as UGPA and LSAT. (You would do much better without the MPhil and a 175 than you would with the MPhil and a 170. Sad, but true.)

Correct on your second point. A 174/175 would put you in the fight for CCN. HYS are unlikely even with a 175+ because they usually want GPAs above the 3.8 line.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Multiple thread Nazi says...

NO MULTIPLE THREADS FOR YOU!

Return to “What are my chances?”