Tier 3 transfers to tier 1?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hopefultransfers

Tier 3 transfers to tier 1?

Postby hopefultransfers » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Edit: Moved to the transfer board, which I wasn't aware existed. My bad, sorry 'bout that.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post in any way. I made this user name specifically to post this question with a high level of anonymity, as I didn't want to put any fellow classmates who I know read this board in an awkward position.

My significant other and I go to a Tier 3 school. We've both placed in the top 5-7% of our class as 1Ls, have some great softs for first years, and have some questions regarding transferring. To answer any "why do you go to a TTT to begin with?" questions: my significant other scored in the 150s on their LSAT due to some personal circumstances, and without being able to retake, we sucked it up and decided to settle on a school in an area we like. However, if able, we'd like to move up. On to the questions...

1) We want to stay together. What's the best way of going about this in our applications? Should we contact the school directly and ask to speak with admissions? If so, any suggestions on PC ways of saying we won't go without the other?

2) Is it a long shot for us to both be accepted to the same school, anyway, the higher up we go? Not sure how diverse schools want their transfer classes to be, and if they'll want to take 2 students from the same school in some random state. (Assuming we apply to out of state schools from where we are now.)

3) How high should we apply, and where do we have a good shot as top 10% from a TTT? Open to locations.

Thanks for any suggestions, will check back frequently.
Last edited by hopefultransfers on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuManChusco

Re: Tier 3 transfers to tier 1?

Postby FuManChusco » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:55 am

honestly, I don't think people on this board are going to have the answer. you would probably have more luck on the transfers board. top 5-7% sounds good though, haha.

Return to “What are my chances?”